What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor??

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #31  
Well it's done. They called and said I can pickup the tractor tomorrow. They have the SSQA FEL on. But I don't want to take it until I make a decision on the remotes.

I asked the salesman for cost to add 2 rear remotes and 1 for the loader. Here's his response: "2 rear remotes would run $1,575.00 Kubota does not have a 3rd Fuction Valve I need to do some research for the best way after market."

But another tractor owner pointed me at Fit Rite Hydraulics. And my tractor is listed for the top and tilt kit they can manufacture. For between $665 to $810 depending on the cylinder size you choose. But I don't know if that includes the top and side links. Would I be better off doing this myself?? Or pay almost twice as much.

I'm very mechanically inclined. In high school I rebuilt my '69 Z28 Camaro. Would I be able to install it myself??

For your loader 3rd function, a diverter 3rd function runs $649 shipped to your door and a true 3rd function runs $684 shipped to your door.

I prefer the diverter 3rd function for various reasons, but what ever you want. ;)

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #32  
I say go with a true 3rd function:)

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #33  
Haven't seen anyone mention an air-ride seat...I sure love mine when things get bumpy. Also brush guards have saved my bacon a few times when pushing slash piles and branches. I will ditto the usefulness of extra remotes, and I use my hydraulic top link with virtually every hookup (I have a quick hitch) to make a one step hookup, or two steps if using PTO driven attachments.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #34  
I have a set of Brian's top and tilt (TnT) cylinders on my Kioti DK45SE with a Woods Cat 1 quick hitch, and l-o-v-e them (Thanks Brian!)! Hooking up equipment is so easy, even with arthritis and old age. My only wish is that the Kioti remote valves would not leak down while running a brush cutter, and that they were available with a float position, which they are not. But I can't say enough good things about top and tilt.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #35  
MtnViewRanch;3802551 If you get the Kubota remotes said:
Sorry for the thread semi-hijack, but I've often wondered just why one of the rear remotes should have float?

I ordered my B3350 with two rear remotes without float that I'm using for top and tilt. I've modified my rear brush cutter with a chain lift to pick up the rear, so I have "chain float" (note, I'm aware of why the mfgs changed to solid lift (with limited range pivoting top link connection) to prevent the mower from flipping up and attacking the operator - in that most unlikely event, my cab makes it a non-issue).

I agree with the previous recommendation. If able to add your own lighting, there are much better and less expensive LED work lights available than what the mfgs are providing.

bumper

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #36  
Sorry for the thread semi-hijack, but I've often wondered just why one of the rear remotes should have float?

I ordered my B3350 with two rear remotes without float that I'm using for top and tilt. I've modified my rear brush cutter with a chain lift to pick up the rear, so I have "chain float" (note, I'm aware of why the mfgs changed to solid lift (with limited range pivoting top link connection) to prevent the mower from flipping up and attacking the operator - in that most unlikely event, my cab makes it a non-issue).

I agree with the previous recommendation. If able to add your own lighting, there are much better and less expensive LED work lights available than what the mfgs are providing.

bumper

If you notice the quote, I said at least 1 with float. Better to have 2 IMO, but if a person that is buying a Kubota only gets 2 rear remotes, to the best of my knowledge the first valve can not have the float function, so get at least one with the float function. Many of the other makes do not even offer the float function at all. :(

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #37  
Yep, I wish one of my two sets of remotes had the float function.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #38  
I didn't phrase my question all that well, I guess.

I've heard it recommended to get at least one rear outlet with float. I'm not arguing the point, I just don't understand why a float function is desirable on one or more of the rear hydraulic outlets. What rear implements would use or benefit from float (that otherwise would not be available from the 3 point lower lift links? The 4 sub and compact tractors I've owned have have all had power up/gravity down, or float, on the 3-point lowers, very handy unless using an auger where power down would be useful :c).

bumper

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #39  
I didn't phrase my question all that well, I guess.

I've heard it recommended to get at least one rear outlet with float. I'm not arguing the point, I just don't understand why a float function is desirable on one or more of the rear hydraulic outlets. What rear implements would use or benefit from float (that otherwise would not be available from the 3 point lower lift links? The 4 sub and compact tractors I've owned have have all had power up/gravity down, or float, on the 3-point lowers, very handy unless using an auger where power down would be useful :c).

bumper

I use I have float on my side link. I use it for pushing snow with the rear blade and some other stuff with the blade and the landscape rake. I don't think there is a whole lot of need to be able to float the toplink.

/ What are the GOT TO HAVE features I should add when buying this tractor?? #40  
I use I have float on my side link. I use it for pushing snow with the rear blade and some other stuff with the blade and the landscape rake. I don't think there is a whole lot of need to be able to float the toplink.

Top link in float mode works wonders for any rough cut mowing. I just had a customer complain that his bush hog swivel on the mower hitch is not even close to allowing his mower to follow his terrain.

That would be the number 1 reason to have float function for the top link. I get asked about this all the time.

And Roger, as you mention, the side link for snow work, finish dirt work-smoothing, landscape rake has been mentioned in the past.

So bumperm, there are a few reasons of why you want the float function option for your top & tilt cylinders. This cannot be achieved if a person decides that they would rather have the check valves in place of having good control valves.;)