/ What if? #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
If you needed a CUT (20-25HP) with loader
and backhoe and could not spend over 25K
what would you pick? JD 4115,4210,Kubota 7500/7800,
BX, NH TC24, Kioti CK20? Something else?

/ What if? #2  
Have you looked at LongAgribusiness Landtrac 390---39HP four cylinder Mitsibishi engine, Hydostatic trans. loader and backhoe package?
Nice outfit and hard to beat price!

dancce

/ What if? #3  
If my primary use was going to be the loader I would buy a hydro machine. If I was looking more for backhoe use I would buy a gear tractor allowing me to upsize the tractor for a bigger hoe.

As for a brand of tractor in my area Deere and Kub prices are steep so I would more likely go NH or Massey again the primary use is a big determining factor. Steve...

/ What if? #4  
I kinda like the 4115. Today I went on a delivery to drop off some attachments to a guy who had a 4115 and it seemed better than the 4210. I think they are built well and built by Yanmar if I am not mistaken.

Nick
990 4x4 turf, 272 RFM, 430 loader, 25A flail

/ What if? #5  
Currently buying the TC24 with FEL/BH.

/ What if? #6  
I'm sure they're higher up there but for 25K I would get a NH TC-33D. I was quoted $23,400 for that setup. I opted out of the BH but now wish I had gone ahead and gotten it. The wife said I could get one of those back digging things when she goes back to work.

I looked at Longagri and as Dancce said the 390 hst is a good solid unit but I didn't fit it.

/ What if? #7  
Picking up a Kubota B2410 with R4's, 352 FEL and a backhoe next Saturday. Saw one like it at a fair today and can't wait.

/ What if? #8  
i don't beleive any of the tractors u listed, with the options you want will cost over 25k. unless the prices have gone up dramatically.

/ What if? #9  
One thing worth considering is just how much you will use the BH. A CUT isn't going to give you alot of ooomph in the BH department and it will run alot of dough. I was considering a BH for my Massey 1433, but after comparing rental prices per year to the cost of the BH I realized that the rental unit would do MUCH more work in a day. A BH for my rig would run 5 to 7 grand, rentals from my dealer are 175.00 a day. After all, even a small excavator will be much more efficient at trench work for example.. Consider digging a bit, moving the tractor, dig some more, move the tractor...can be a real pain. Then with the savings you can buy a better tractor, or more attachments, you name it....