What if?

/ What if? #21  
Holy cow, Stvman! My pricing is not even close either, one of the reasons I'm considering the Massey. If you will PM me with the dealer I'd like to know who...and I won't tell his boss!!! Even more important, how is their service record? Our JD dealer in NH used to take forever to fix our last Tractor, and even billed us for pickup/dropoff. The Massey dealer offers 2-3 day turnaround or a free loaner, and free pickup/dropoff. But 23k??? Holy cow again!

/ What if? #22  
Oooops, thought that was YOUR deal Stvman! Guess I oughta read better, or not type after wranglin' horses all day!! Rockyridgefarm is where?? I know our prices here in NH are outrageous but, MAN, what a deal....heck maybe I'll drive there!

/ What if? #23  
No beating at all! All I did was send an email, stating my desired equipment to any dealer I thought I'd be willing to use. I found them using Deere's locator.

This dealer replied in less than an hour, beating all my other quotes by a long shot (up to $4k less) Amazingly, the others were willing to match his price. But I went with the guy who started out right.

But, seriously, most things ARE cheaper in our neighborhood!

/ What if? #24  
I could not agree with you more, you are a standup guy. That is why I always say your first shot better be your best..

/ What if? #25  
Tonester, As far as your choice on a dealer. I have been looking on and off for a tractor for three years (neighbor bought a 790 Deere he lets me use so I put it off for a while)
I do field service so I get a chance to go all over New England an eastern NY and have never encountered an attitude like Northwood has, that is why I asked the owner for a job. I work there part time (a week) now I have seen this guy bend over backwards to make people happy.

I worked for a car dealership for a heartbeat about twenty years back and after watching them hose a customer for four grand then have contempt for their stupidity sent me packing real fast. Before I asked for a job I talked to his customers and employees and no one had anything bad to say about him. As to the attitude of the salesman, they are a reflection of the owner.

I figured if I couldn't sell tractors for him I couldn't sell them anywhere.

/ What if?
I know I set 25K as a top end...BUT...I much prefer being closer to 20K /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ What if? #27  
My B7500 package was a little less than 18K a year ago.

Greg

/ What if? #29  
I've been wondering the same thing for the last year myself. Mor me, I also have to use a mmm. I like the local JD and Kubota dealers best, so I've narrowed it down to the 4115 and the 7500/2410. I'm trying to stay as small as possible and still be able to use a BH and larger 3 pt implements. At this poin I am leaning towards the JD 4115 (dealer says 4110 has enough power, but I don't want to kick myself down the road) because it has a suspended deck whereas the Kubota's use a rolling deck. Lawn mowing is improtant and my grass is tender under my old maples and my soil is sandy loam so it's real soft. I also like the ability to add a muching kit or use side discharge depending on the time of year (side discharge is great for "raking leaves." I haven't yet seen the 46 backhoe. Looks like more of a pain to move/remove, but I don't concieve needing to change that often. 1/2 hour to put it on is a lot better than not having a BH. I know it makes sense to rent the BH, but I like to have tools available to use at my schedule. I hate having to arrange for everything to be done on a tight schedule. It seems like weather or poor planning or some surprise always makes things take longer than I imagined...
I've heard talk on the Kubota forum that the 7500/2410 are due to be replaced this fall. I'm planning to wait until I can see what changes occur and to see the 46 BH from JD before I make my final decision.
Hope my thoughts help. Frankly, I don't think you would be happy with any of the choices listed. I would just look at your future needs and put that in the equation. For example, I don't want a front snowblower now, but could see getting one down the road. On the smaller series tractors (4115 or 7500) they are about half the price of the next size up tractors (4210.) There is a lot to consider. Kind of makes your head spin.

/ What if? #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( and to see the 46 BH from JD before I make my final decision )</font>

Seeing a backhoe before you buy 0 there's a neat concept!!

I got to buy mine sight unseen, there just aren't any around... Its great, and the 46 looks pretty good too. But I don't blame you for waiting....