What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use)

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #1  

Bama67

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 5520H
Hello all,

Been here a while, I bought a Bobcat CT440 years ago and it was completely flawless in the 8 or so years I had it. About a year ago I sold it because I wasn't using it much at all in Alabama.

But now I live in Colorado, and see myself really needing a tractor within a year or so once we stop renting and set-up shop with out own little farm.

My problem is that I don't think I need a tractor quite as beastly (and heavy) as the CT440 was. I wan't something nimble and lighter to tow as well (plan to use it a bit for work here and there)

I wanted something kind of like the Kubota 2601 TLB, or maybe Kioti CK2510, LS, etc, but I live at 9,000 feet and some math quickly figures up a naturally aspirated 25hp engine becomes more like 18ish.

I want a turbo because much like my Ecoboost truck they will be relatively unaffected at this altitude. But I am having trouble finding anything under around 40hp that is turbod, and I'd really rather not have a bigger 40 hp tractor if I don't need one.

My Bobcat for example needed all the power it had for its heavy weight and the power-sucking hydrostatic. I would rather stay with the hydro but I don't want to have to leave my tractor in low gear and crawl around at 2mph all the time.

What all is turbocharged out there, or should I just buy a mid 30s horsepower tractor and use it as a 25 hp tractor?

Thanks!

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #2  
I think the smallest John Deeres with turbos are in the 3000 series, don't know the other brands.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #3  
Kubota B3350 is the smallest turbo in their lineup. It's a bit bigger than the 2601 you mentioned, but not too much bigger. Same size as the old B3200.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #4  
I looked at the LS models up to 40 HP and all are normally aspirated (at least none of the specs said turbo). I think that you will just have to go with a much larger tractor to get the turbo or do like you said, get a 30-35 HP to try for 25 at altitude.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use)
I did find LS has some turbo models starting around 35hp, there are several of them and I am trying to figure out what all the differences are between them.

I will check out that Kubota s219, and the Deere, unless it is an Economy model. I will say in the past, like when I bought my Bobcat, the prices of the Kubota and Deeres was too much for me to overcome hence why I bought the white Kioti.

Honestly I was so thrilled with my Bobcat (Kioti) I would just buy one of them if it was just turbod.

Dang, there are soooo many new models and designations from all the manufacturers since I bought mine back in 2009; and it seems like the websites on all of them are terrible at giving exact build specs and capacities and such.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #6  
MF 1734e turbocharged, same frame as the 1726e, also turbocharged, no dpf.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use)
Thanks for the options guys, keep em coming!

There have been several listed I didn't know were turbo'd.

That little Massey looks like a sweet ride, and there is a dealer up in Salida which is only an hour away (which is close for Westcliffe CO) Although the website does spec it as having DPF, but thats not a deal breaker. No issues with DPFs on my Fords oil burners I had, now my Ram, not so much :(

My two other nearest dealers are an hour out and are Kioti and LS dealers.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #10  
My LS xg3032 has a turbo.

Gary