What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use)

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #31  
I like the M59 and M62 tlb's very good combination of power, compact size and ability. I particularly like the high/low in each range for box blade work. Allows pulling box in low and reversing back to the starting point in high.:thumbsup:

My 110 works great for most of my work though and am well pleased with it. For the larger pipeline projects I use a 40 ton excavator to dig. Then set pipe and backfill with the 110 right behind the excavator that has made these projects go much faster and a lot more profitable.

For working in the Rockies I much prefer a tlb if I only had one machine. The loader is a lot more sturdy and you need it to be in the rocky ground. Also working the steep terrain the creep to reposition is very important to have as well as more reach for the hoe. An ag add on backhoe attachment without these features is much more difficult to use on steep terrain.

That said a good used 110, L45 or M59 would be my first choice for an all in one machine in the mountains.

That's what I've found. TLBs have a lot more of the type of maneuverability and stability that is needed in the mountains than I could get from my attempts to converting Ag machines. BTW, that starts withputting on wider tires with industrial tread.
Searching around on TBN shows we're not alone liking TLBs in the mountains. They are popular here.However, there are some good sides to the Ag machines. For one thing they are usually better at handling things with the 3pt. And you can drop the loader on some types. The Kubota TLBs do have an optional 3pt - although I've never used mine. The TLB loader doesn't come off, but TLBs have the ability to drop their rather large buckets by simply pulling a couple of levers. Takes less than a minute.

BTW, if I was to try an Ag machine again, that Bobcat CT440 would be right at the top of the list. It is a very nice size, good-looking machine, and known to be well made.
For reverse speeds -good point, there- being HST the Bobcat probably has a reverse for each of forward speeds and that ought to be just enough gearing. It does need at least that much. An Ag tractor isn't designed to do as much work in reverse as a TLB does - but they get by OK.
luck,
rScotty