What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use)

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #11  
LS XR3135 has a turbo.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #12  
I think all the LS XR3100 series tractors have a turbo.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #13  
Massey ferguson 1734e is turbo it is 2700 lbs

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #14  
Yup, the XR3135 is a turbo. I was looking for a turbo tractor too, since we're building at 7000', and I figured that a Tier IV tractor would clog up fast w/o a turbo. I was flip flopping between an LS 4145 and a Branson 4520R. Then I learned that Branson uses a cleanable DPF/Catalyst, and that you can evidently punch some holes through it if it's giving you problems, and the tractor doesn't care. That pretty much settled me on a 4020R, as I wanted the size, but didn't need the HP, or want to pay for it.

About a week before I was going to head up and sign loan papers for the Branson, I found a '03 MF1455 on CL. It's a non-turbo, non-Tier tractor and was half what the new Branson was. I drove 5 hours with money in hand and bought it. I honestly don't notice it smoke at all at 7000', and with a 55hp rating, there's plenty of power for anything I might ever want to do.

I don't know where you are in CO, but the LS dealer in Ignacio has an XR3037. VERY nice little unit. It's hydrostatic, but I don't believe it has a turbo. Seemed plenty powerful to me when I test drove it. He's had it over a year, so he's had to pay interest on it for 3-6 months now. You might get a decent deal on it... He had an XR4150 too, but wasn't willing to deal much last summer. As much as I wanted an LS, the Branson was a better deal, just not as refined. I also liked the mechanical engine, with add-on tier IV stuff, which was easy to defeat. The LS tractors are all electronic, which has benefits, but not for a DIY guy like me.

If you're near Fort Collins, stop in at Legacy Tractor Sales and see what TYM has to offer as well. They seem like well built tractors, and their service guy said the TYM's hardly ever come back. (He wasn't so proud of LS, thought he did say the newer LS tractors hadn't returned as much as the earlier ones.)

Good luck in your quest!!

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use)
Thanks for all the replies guys, yall have brought several models to my attention.

Right now I am considering the LS tractors with the turbo 3135/3137/3140 and the similar models. Just trying to figure out the difference between them all and if the deluxe model is worth it to me.

I also dig the Massey 1734E and 1739E, but then again the Premium models are turbo as well and a few thousand more and are MUCH nicer. It's such a slippery slope...

Also came across a 2015 leftover Branson 2800H, its a small tractor but with a 28hp Turbo, seems to be the only tractor in that size range with a Turbo. I read things were this tractor is actually under-rated.
I found one for a decent price, but there aren't any dealers local, and they don't make this tractor anymore, although it is essentially just a turbod 2400H.
Also it has a strange 1200X loader that was only made a short while and is not quick attach.

Its fun to shop and research though!

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #16  
If you are considering used machines, Mahindra 3215s & preferably a 3316 have a turbo and also are underrated HP wise. I believe that they dyno out at 34hp. Anyway, just something else you may want to consider.

With loader and loaded tires you can be right around 5000lbs, so the machine would be able to get some work done.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #17  
JD 3038e is turbo.

I would consider used machines but I haven't found many near here that aren't almost the cost of a new one.

/ What to buy? I want a small tractor with a turbo (high altitude use) #19  
I would consider used machines but I haven't found many near here that aren't almost the cost of a new one.

That seems to always be a problem. :(

I'm really digging the Branson 4015, it's a fairly small tractor with great specs.

What I like most is it has a mechanical injection turbo engine and no fancy DPF stuff, so the system could be removed at a later date.

Only issue is no dealer close by, and it is a very small brand. It does get excellent reviews and the tractors seem bulletproof. Also the price isn't much lower than anything else
LS XG3140 is also a turbo contender.