What to do?

/ What to do? #41  
Re: Proofmeter

Jim, I sit here and wonder if somehow your thinking that because your manual tells you that it records time at 1 hour @ 1833 RPM, with no rhyme or reason as to why, that somehow you have some great information. I can understand how PTO RPM might be considered as a index point. 1833 RPM sounds like the third harmonic when using 611 RPM as the transmoidal stoichometric tridescent cord, but other then that, is there any further explaination? I do know that Kubota L4850, International 454D and Ford 2120 are not based on the hourmeter time, but never really cared. I don't know the compression ratio, the idle fuel ratio nor the maximum RPM fuel ratio, the manuals I have seen never indicate that. Perhaps its because its really not important. I do suspect though, that they are correct. This is a double edged sword issue as a meter that posts time "faster" as yours apparently does, also means that the manufactuer wants you doing maintenance on it sooner leading one to beleive they have less faith in their product. I will have to agree with Hawgee, the hours on your meter mean something just as the miles on a car odometer. But would you really want to be buying a car from a teenager. I suspect what is was doing and how it was operated would be far more important then the miles on it. Rat...

/ What to do? #42  

Hay Rat is that real thattransmoidal stoichometric tridescent cord or are you just funnin Jim on that?
If it is real what the heck is it or does it mean?
Gordon

/ What to do? #43  

Oh yeah, Jim and I both did our BS research on this very topic. Jim expanded on this phenom right after I published my thesis on it. Jims assesment deviates from mine only where the third harmonic intersects and crosses the extrapolated indices formed by thembotical vertices. Jims conclusion was that BLUE was best, my conclusion was "Who Cares!" Thats about it in a nutshell. Rat...

/ What to do? #44  

Speaking of nutshells, I missed Indy with the colt and barn chores over the week end. If we borrowed from these new $$$$$ race cars and had the black box that was recording, with telemetry back to the desktop..... Ya follow? We could chart the entire work session from the time you left the pits, I mean barn, or garage. We would have start time, RPM, water temp, wieght of operator, brand of oil in pan, air pressure in each tire, ground speed, wind direction and velocity, so on and so on. Talk about your truth in milage laws, we couldn't hide anything. We could borrow from the log trucks and the bunk scales to measure the load on the hitch. This is one proof meter I DON'T want. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
I'm glad we wouldn't have to spend the bucks on wind tunnel testing. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ What to do? #45  

tbarber55,

You are a MAN of courage! To state that on an Orange dominated board when you own both Blue and Orange! You Da Man! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ What to do? #46  

Rat,

I just think that knowing is better than not knowing! Knowledge is power, ya know!

Oh, smooth answer to Gordon...you going to answer his question or not?

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ What to do? #47  

Jim, get real, it takes no courage to make silly comments, even easier to ignore them when they are so biased its transparent. Rat...

/ What to do? #48  

Oh Jim, what am I going to do with you. If knowledge is power, then it only stands to reason that a lack of it is dangerous. So again what is significant about 1833, just really curious, you and I could benefit from this knowledge I'm sure. Airplanes use crusing RPM as the basis for time on the Hobbs meter. Anything less then that, you record less engine time. No where is an industry more watchful of what equipment practices go on then in aviation. At 2000 hours, if your plane calls for an engine overhaul, your either doing it, or your not flying. Now all I need to do is go buy a Kubota and settle once and for all the issue of time/recorded on their tractors. Dang, I was all set to get a TC45D but you just had to poofmeter us.
P.S. still can't get any detailed specs on the TC45D, things like lift max on 3pt. at 2' behind pivot, or raising height of loader, hour meter recording method. Guess its like no knowledege, NO POWER.

PS. PS. James, I'm only kidding, I'd take your TC45D with SuperSteer anytime. Rat...

/ What to do? #49  

Paddock
I can be biased since I own both brands. Both are great tractors I just like NH better,you won`t see me selling the Kubota to but another NH im not brand loyal.
You buy what you like Ford,Chevy,Dodge,Nissan,Toyota or what ever. I don't realy care what the other guy thinks,I get what I like..........................

/ What to do? #50  

tbarber, Its better to be OBJECTIVE then biased. When you state your Kubota tractor has 900 hours on the meter and mention it looks like its got 9000, that may be true, but I'll bet you most people here would say its not the tractors fault, its the owners.(Jim being the exception) I have none of the 3 colors of tractors here (International 454) but use 2 of the 3 dominate ones for work (I also do all the maintenance on them). Orange L4850 and Blue 2120. I will tell someone what I like about both brands though. Even mention something terribly wrong (neither tractor has that problem). I'll bet a pile of dirt moved with a Kubota looks no different then one moved with a New Holland. Since I'm looking for a new tractor currently, its funny to see how flag waving people get. Jim is probably the king here, but I also know he is being somewhat comical in his posts (he's also kinda the loner). If that was your attitude and I took it to serious then I humbley apologize. Rat...