What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #71  
It seems Harbor Freight is becoming the one brand I have the most of. I like my Craftsman tool set but I find they can come up missing out of the tool box just like any brand.

HF does have some higher end stuff for sure and some that is lower than low too. :D

Getting the handheld electric metal bandsaw Friday for $60 was more than I could pass up. I did test it to see that it ran and the variable speed control worked before I left the parking lot because it is a 100 mile round trip for me. If buying an at least one $75 item the 20% off will pay for my gas.

I like HF for those weird drivers that you may use once every five years that would not be affordable from Craftsman, etc.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #72  
I like HF for those weird drivers that you may use once every five years that would not be affordable from Craftsman, etc.

yep.. tools I'll use onece.. or once a year.. I don't mind buying cheap.. as long as it will work.

soundguy

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #73  
I really didn't know where to post this info, and appogise if it's been posted before: Lowe's gives a Military Discount of 10% to all active and previous military personnel. I saved on a small Fridge($32-), a Dryer($62-), and a Chop Saw($19-) within the past month! [Yeah it's been a 'tough' month!] I keep a reduced copy of my DD-214 in my wallet for just such occasions! They really don't publish it much. I've heard that Home Depot, is doing the same. Can't confirm that. If others can, please 'chime-in"...........~Scotty

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #74  
Angle grinders = Metabo

Ratchets = Cornwell

Bench Vise = Wilton C3 "still made in the USA"

Clamps = Bessey

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #75  
My dad, who was an aircraft mechanic after WWII, had wonderful Proto wrenches, and other brands I can't remember... probably all made during the war and of really good quality- I still have most of them, and they are top quality. My only recent experience with Craftsman was a 1/4" ratchet driver, at least 30 years old, that failed. When I went in, the guy gave me their best new one, $23 retail, and sent me on my way. The new one is actually very good. For woodworking, Festool power hand tools are the ones to have, if you can afford them. I suppose if your income depends on quickness and quality, then the price ceases to be an issue. And, for a while, Ridgid power tools came with a lifetime warrantee once your registered them- hard to beat, especially for battery tools! I think they have stopped that.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #76  
About 20 years ago I worked at a Sears hardware store. We used to repair ratchets with a little kit. It took about 3 minutes. Maybe the kit would be a better choice to ensure a better tool. Depends on whether they still offer the kit.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #77  
I think about 4 major tool manufactures make all hand tools. Stanley made craftman for years, and then Danaher made them, not sure who makes them now. Hardly any made in U.S.A. anymore.
Paul

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #78  
Gonna kick this thread back up top .
Question: Did a search nothing came up on it.
Anybody here use one of those "Texas Fence Fixer's" ?
Was thinking about making a similar version out of a old pair of bolt cutter(s).
Tx's in advance !

Boone

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #79  
Gonna kick this thread back up top .
Question: Did a search nothing came up on it.
Anybody here use one of those "Texas Fence Fixer's" ?
Was thinking about making a similar version out of a old pair of bolt cutter(s).
Tx's in advance !

Boone

Do you mean these?
Here's the link to where I borrowed the pic. Figured I ought to at least do that since I used their picture. https://www.fencetoolstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=T35A
product_06_b.jpg

Cheaper to buy them, I think. I love mine.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #80