What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #81  
Never seen one of those, but looks like darn cool idea. My fences are wire mesh with boards on top, so no need for that, but if it was strand wire, I would own one of those for sure.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #82  
I don't know how much one of those costs, but you can skip the fancy stretcher and just twist the wire. The guy in the video says it himself... "The more you twist the wire, the tighter the fence gets, and the looser the chain gets."

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #83  
I like all tools Snapon, Mac, Cornwell, Proto, SK and Craftsman

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #84  
I don't know how much one of those costs, but you can skip the fancy stretcher and just twist the wire. The guy in the video says it himself... "The more you twist the wire, the tighter the fence gets, and the looser the chain gets."

I think they go for around $90 plus shipping.

Boone

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #85  
I think they go for around $90 plus shipping.

Boone

I'm sure everyone has their own way of doing things, but when I have a fence that needs a little tightening I just use a pair of pliers to make a loop in the wire and twist it to tighten the fence. It's the same concept in the video, but without the need for the stretcher tool, and without the need for the extra section of wire.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #86  
I only buy hand tools from JET EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS. This is not the same as the jet tools you get in the USA, this is a canadian company, that only makes hand tools, air tools, material handeling equipment, and abrasives. (I have heard the air tools are not that good) They are about the same quality as proto, but around half the price. Here is a link to their site.JET Equipment & Tools

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #87  
Best tool ever made due to versatility and getting someone out of a pinch is VISE GRIP.

I have Wright, Cornwell, Snap-On, S-K, Proto, Mac, Matco and some others. After loosing a set of Snap-On sockets under the seat of a customer's car, I began to take a different view; cost of tools versus quality. Now I look to see if the tool is made in Taiwan. I remember back in the early 80's tools from Japan were high quality and very inexpensive. I think there is a similar situation with Taiwan now. China, I stay away from- mostly.

Craftsman are way over rated. JMO

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #88  
I'm sure everyone has their own way of doing things, but when I have a fence that needs a little tightening I was just use a pair of pliers to make a loop in the wire and twist it to tighten the fence. It's the same concept in the video, but without the need for the stretcher tool, and without the need for the extra section of wire.

Oh I agree with you,but I was thinking of making me one out of an old pair of bolt cutters I have.Also I was just wandering if indeed somebody here on TBN use them.Also thought it was good reason to kick this thread,which last post was 08/07/2010 to the top. ;)

Boone

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #89  
Oh I agree with you,but I was thinking of making me one out of an old pair of bolt cutters I have.Also I was just wandering if indeed somebody here on TBN use them.Also thought it was good reason to kick this thread,which last post was 08/07/2010 to the top. ;)

Boone

Good choice to kick the thread. You've already generated some additional interest.

/ What's you're favorite brand(s) of tools #90  
A metal spoon..........to eat some Ben & Jerry's ice cream :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: