Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor?

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #51  
Re: Why did you buy \'that\' brand of tractor?

I agree. I am not overly impressed with Diahtsu.

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #52  

Why did I go the way I did ?... Good question .
\After looking at Kioto , Mahindra , Branson ,Century,NH ,JD,and Kubota I was more confused than convinced as to which way to go . All of them had some very good points . But it finally came down to Kioti and Kubota . I liked the DK35 and B2910 . When it came down to it the wife liked the L3130 HST . Being the one that wears the pants around here , I put my foot down and decided on the 3130 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #53  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Being the one that wears the pants around here , I put my foot down and decided on the 3130 John )</font>

Good for you. You can't let them womans boss you around.

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #54  

My wife and I found a nice little farmhouse, in the middle of apple orchard country. I didn't know anything about tractors, but knew most people around here used Deere. Also, most dealers were Deere. Bought a little GT235.. used it a couple years.. then wanted bigger. Deere dealer offered me exactly what I paid for the 235 to upgrade to a 4300.

So, short answer is, it was just by chance. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #55  

</font><font color="blueclass=small">(
<font color="red"> </font>
Good for you. You can't let them womans boss you around. )</font>
Cunning and skill will prevail on the untrained mind /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
If my wife reads this , this response was caused by some kinda VIRUS /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #56  

Her's the short story.

I really wanted a Kubota until I drove one. I wanted a Deere until I priced one. I wanted a Massey until I visited two of their dealers. That left New Holland, and so far I haven't been dissapointed. It's kind of odd how it works out.

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #57  

<font color="red">"Being the one that wears the pants around here , I put my foot down and decided on the 3130" </font>

As John Snider said....
"I'm the head of the house; my wife is the neck.
The neck turns the head wherever it wants."

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #58  

We bought a 90 acre farm and shortly realized that if I planned on cleaning it up in my lifetime, I'll need a tractor with a loader. I began shopping for a used one with a wide front. I looked at everything from IH424's to JD3010's until I settled on a 70's International 656 Utility with the Hydro tranny with over 8000 hours. It did a great job for filling in an old foundation and moving dirt from here to there, but when I began to look toward the hilly fields with the towering multifloral rose bushes and slowly noticed the ever looming expensive repairs on the horizon, I knew it was time to look for something newer, smaller and 4 wheel drive. I called a local orange dealer who spent time with me discussing my needs, his tractors and options. I probably would have bought one of them Kubotas. Never even looked at green or blue before I stumbled upon the Cub Cadet 7360SS for sale on the internet. And in the Pittsburgh area no less! After looking into them, I realized that they were as much of a tractor as the others out there. The fact that it was 2 years old, only had 28 hours, the full unregistered 2 year warranty and a new 72" RDFM for just over $17k, I couldn't pass it up! The wife immediately saw the benefit, and after selling the 656 for a few hundred more than I bought it for, the little yellow beast was mine.

Almost 90 hours now and no repairs or dealer visits necessary. Luckily for me, that Kubota dealer who almost got my business also handles Cubs, so if I ever need quality work done, he'll be seeing me.

- Gerald

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #59  

Great thread, a good read. I knew nothing about tractors but having spent a couple of years on our 4 acres, I was tired of using a wheelbarrow to move mulch, taking hours to dig a hole because of rocks, etc. Saw the brochure showing a BX22 and looked perfect, the right size, the right power and the right price (well, it could have been cheaper!). So far, it's done everything I've asked it to do, sometimes have to remember that I'm not comparing it's performance against a larger tractor but against a wheelbarrow and shovel- and trust me, there's no comparison.

Have about 60 hours now and love it, other brands would be probably work too but so far, Kubota has worked for me and very happy with my dealer.

I echo some of the other posts saying that reading through this thread, it's easy to see how customer service has made a big difference in a major purchase like a tractor.

/ Why did you buy 'that' brand of tractor? #60  

I originally bought a little "grey market" Iseki TL1900F a while after I bought my property. It was a lot of "little" tractor and equipment for the money. I still like it and it is amazing what that little powerhouse will do, BUT. After working with it for a while and realizing its limitations for the size property that I have (and the "pucker factor" on hills without ROPS), I decided I needed to get a bigger tractor that could also be used in conjunction with the Iseki. I decided that I was going to look at several of the brands in my area and try and take advantage of the great financing rates.

I must admit that I probably didn't give Deere a fair shake by not considering them. I just didn't think they would be priced competitively, since so many on this forum talk about the Deere dealers not giving them the time of day nor wanting to deal. I should have checked out the local dealer to see if they are that way, but didn't /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

I also thought about a new chinese tractor, but for the difference in price and the low or no interest financing available from others, I felt that I wanted to get something that had a better fit and finish and was either tried and true or was supported by a dealer with other major brands (an up-an-comer such as Century, Branson Kioti or Mahindra for example).

I also wanted to be able to transport the tractor with my current truck and trailer, so I didn't want to go too heavy, but wanted as much HP as I could get within 3,000 to 4,000 lbs.

I ultimately settled on a Kubota L4330DT for the power and features that it had for the price, but I also looked long and hard at the Mahindra 4500 (ultimately decided that it was too heavy for my needs). The dealer, as others have mentioned, was also what sealed the deal. Their pricing was the best on the first quote. Others tried to do the old "OK, I'm high, but what do I have to do to get the business" routine, even though I told them that I already had a quote and was looking for their best price if they wanted the business. Needless to say, the first dealer won the business because he gave me his best price up front and I wasn't going to give the business to someone else to save a few hundred by telling the other dealers where their price needed to be.

Happy Tractoring!

FarmNut