Work lights for welding?

/ Work lights for welding? #11  
I tried using a led light stand in the past, but the intense light would keep triggering the auto darkening lens to darken. When NOT welding. Didnt help.
If your hood has a sensitivity adjustment turn it down. It wont effect much when starting the arc unless you are doing some type of super low amp welding. The sensitivity adjustment is mainly used when welding around others in a shop environment. Turning sensitivity up prevents you from getting arc flash when someone close by arcs up. .

/ Work lights for welding? #12  
I use a Milwaukee stand LED light that works great for me. It sits on the floor but I can get it in position so it doesn't false trigger the helmet.

/ Work lights for welding? #13  
All of the super bright LEDs are pulsed during operation to keep them cool. Though our eyes cannot see this pulsing (most of the time), your welding hood can see this pulsing and sometimes it will cause the hood to trigger. There are several way s around this. Your hood may have adjustable sensitivity. Your hood also should have several sensors and sometimes covering one or more of them will stop the triggering. Changing the placement of the LED light source can work. Another thing that works sometimes is to use one incandescent light source along with the LEDs. This way you don't have all the heat and power consumption from several bright incandescent light sources. And just FYI, auto darkening hoods block all the UV all the time. So even if the hood doesn't trigger and your eyes get dazzled from the bright light you don't need to worry about getting a UV flash and eye damage.
Eric

/ Work lights for welding? #14  
If you take a video of an led sign, you can see the flashing. I noticed this videoing a gas price sign recently.

/ Work lights for welding? #15  
You can't beat old technology and low budget. Best way to describe it is the reflectors you see doctors and surgeons wearing in vintage pictures. It's simple,light weight and easy to take into the field. Can be fashioned in many ways using various concave objects with alastic and Velcro from sewing isle. I present have one made from reverse side of an old water ski mirror and another built from a flash bulb reflector. To restore reflective surface damaged by arc spatter I use Aluminum kitchen wrap held in place by spray tack glue. I made paper templates for cutting foil so it conforms to concave surfaces without wrinkles. Templates and spare reflectors are stored in a flat box. Until you get the hang of adjusting reflector angle work with a small light in position and distance from hood your electrode will contact work.

/ Work lights for welding?
If you take a video of an led sign, you can see the flashing. I noticed this videoing a gas price sign recently.
I can see many LEDs flashing if my eyes are panning/scanning across the light, especially with car tail lights. It's not obvious typically just by looking at them.

I believe it's because the brightness of LEDs is typically managed by modulating/time-slicing; if you want them brighter (like for brake lights), it's the same juice just on solid, and dim = only have them on part of the time (for taillights)

/ Work lights for welding? #17  
I use an LED flashlight with a magnetic swivel base so I can mount close to the work area out of the way

something like these. Unfortunately cheap and the swivel bases tend to break if dropped from a height
1689330196195.jpeg

/ Work lights for welding? #18  
I use an LED flashlight with a magnetic swivel base so I can mount close to the work area out of the way

something like these. Unfortunately cheap and the swivel bases tend to break if dropped from a height
View attachment 811090
I purchased 3 of these lights and loved them,,,, until that swivel base breaks. Not dropped, the base is just built to light.

/ Work lights for welding? #19  
I purchased 3 of these lights and loved them,,,, until that swivel base breaks. Not dropped, the base is just built to light.
Our local army surplus had double length ones with small swivels on each end. Super bright, more durable than the above photo

/ Work lights for welding? #20  
sounds like you need to take the time and set you up a welding area
and stop doing the half @ss setup you been doing , you need good lighting
then set up the lights as well as a welding table .
you get out what you put in
invest in yourself .