Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #61  
A lot of regen issues are caused by operators not operating the equipment correctly

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #62  
If you have been following my other thread about the hell we have been in for 7+ months with our T494 you will know why we are now seeking a full refund. Sufficient to say that after sale support from the manufacture and parts are non-existent.

Assuming we are successful our next choice is the MT3 line. the 494 had a 49hp engine, the MT3 offers 4 different HP levels although the lifting capacity for all is the same according to specs.

What has your real world experience been with the HP in your MT3 series and are there any concerns you have had we should be aware of?

I know 1 big difference is the much lower lift height of 96 inches vs the 110 on the T494, but at this point having a tractor with a low lift is better than having a tractor in the shop that you can't ever use.

Our uses for the tractor in order of importance will be:

1. moving brush
2. moving snow with a self contained berco 72 inch snow blower (has its own 33hp vanguard motor)
3. cutting about 1/2 a mile of ditch with sickle mower
4. moving a few round bales from time to time

Thanks.
Had a 2022 Case 45C cab and it was a nice tractor and it is the same as the LS but I traded it after 8 months and bought a Yanmar YT347 cab with the IHMT transmission and it is much nicer than the LS (case) if you have a dealer nearby check them out.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series
That Yanmar looks very good. Integrated 3rd function controls on a joystick that is console mounted vs going all the way to the floor. rear control for the 3 pt hitch. 2500 lb lift at the pins...curved windows, all kinds of nice things. Can I asked what you paid for it?

Unfortunatly no dealers anywhere in the state of SD or near us in MN or IA

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #64  
Yea. It seems Yanmar dealers are far n few around

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #65  
That Yanmar looks very good. Integrated 3rd function controls on a joystick that is console mounted vs going all the way to the floor. rear control for the 3 pt hitch. 2500 lb lift at the pins...curved windows, all kinds of nice things. Can I asked what you paid for it?

Unfortunatly no dealers anywhere in the state of SD or near us in MN or IA
I would actually call Yanmar corporate and ask them about dealers in your state. I just happened to drive past a lawn equipment dealer in Marion Ohio and had no idea they were selling Yanmars now. They are very reputable dealer and I would not hesitate to buy from them. They're starting to increase their footprint and honestly I would drive a long ways, after having owned one, to buy another.

I used to think my next tractor might be a Massey Ferguson but nope, it will be another Yanmar with that iHMT transmission.

They, like Kubota, also build their entire tractor.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #66  
I'd do more research. TYM, Kioti and LS make their own engines, too. The only big difference between them and Kubota is really about how long they have been playing directly in the US market. In the 70s, people said the same ignorant garbage about Japanese cars and tractors.

The big positive for Kubota is the dealer network. That is something that is still growing for TYM. They are seriously committed to expanding and improving dealer quality. The new facility in Georgia will solve many of the logistics issues.
Dude, are you an employee of Tym? Your dedication is utterly impressive.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #67  
Dude, are you an employee of Tym? Your dedication is utterly impressive.
Nope 100% retired. Dad was an IH dealer back in the day.

I just research the crap out of anything that costs more than about $100. From a pure value standpoint, TYM is the best option in the sizes I studied. Of course, individual dealers make a difference. The best overall tractor was the Yanmar, but very few dealers and priced closer to JD. Best value of the big names is Massey.

I also tend to dislike it when people post BS about brands. This is especially common with JD and Kubota fan boys. Like everyone else, they make good tractors, but priced way too high. They get away with it for the same reason Ford and GM do. I really wanted Kubota to be better. Closest dealership. Next closest is more than double the distance.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #68  
Nope 100% retired. Dad was an IH dealer back in the day.

I just research the crap out of anything that costs more than about $100. From a pure value standpoint, TYM is the best option in the sizes I studied. Of course, individual dealers make a difference. The best overall tractor was the Yanmar, but very few dealers and priced closer to JD. Best value of the big names is Massey.

I also tend to dislike it when people post BS about brands. This is especially common with JD and Kubota fan boys. Like everyone else, they make good tractors, but priced way too high. They get away with it for the same reason Ford and GM do. I really wanted Kubota to be better. Closest dealership. Next closest is more than double the distance.
Well, you should get a check from them, you’ve probably sold some tractors. I like Kubota too, and kinda got priced out of getting an m6111. It was only about $7.5k more than my 5711, but my trade in was $5k more with Massey. That said, I would not be in the market for a Korean tractor..yet. I did look at kioti. They are built good but lack the refinements the main stream tractors have. Tym suffers greatly from dealership resources here in the states, as do the other Korean tractors. I would not talk people out of getting one personally because they need a bigger market share to gain dealers and actually compete with Deere and kubota. I remember when Kia and Hyundai were jokes, they now have a big presence here. I have no ideal if it’s because of price or quality.

But with tractor prices soaring there’s room for budget brands to gain traction, but they better be on their A game cause it won’t take many issues with them to spread across the internet, and that includes crappy dealers ruining it for them. And if I was Tym I’d pull the rk contract, that just doesn’t look good.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series
The few places I have been able to find prices online the Yanmar looked very expensive...like $20k+ more than the TYM.

Torvy does his homework, that's why I put so much stock in his opinion before I bought. Everything he said seemed to match my own research.

If the tractor had worked without needing any repairs I would not have known about the non-existent parts, customer service and support of the manufacture. My guess is this is what the TYM and others business model is based on. If they sell 95% of their tractors without issue they can afford to leave 5% holding the bag. They just truly don't care if a few get burned and left out in the cold...they sold the tractor got their $ and the majority of buyers in the market will keep buying them.

The bigger reality is that as the middle class is systematically destroyed by the governmental finance policies there will be fewer and fewer that can afford new JD, Kubota and Yanmar. It will be a choice between a koreen tractor, a used top tier or no tractor.

We could have bought the same tractor 5 years ago for 1/2 the price...not kidding...

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #70  
The few places I have been able to find prices online the Yanmar looked very expensive...like $20k+ more than the TYM.

Torvy does his homework, that's why I put so much stock in his opinion before I bought. Everything he said seemed to match my own research.

If the tractor had worked without needing any repairs I would not have known about the non-existent parts, customer service and support of the manufacture. My guess is this is what the TYM and others business model is based on. If they sell 95% of their tractors without issue they can afford to leave 5% holding the bag. They just truly don't care if a few get burned and left out in the cold...they sold the tractor got their $ and the majority of buyers in the market will keep buying them.

The bigger reality is that as the middle class is systematically destroyed by the governmental finance policies there will be fewer and fewer that can afford new JD, Kubota and Yanmar. It will be a choice between a koreen tractor, a used top tier or no tractor.

We could have bought the same tractor 5 years ago for 1/2 the price...not kidding...
The YT Yanmars with iHMT transmission are best in class IMHO. I really wished they would incorporate a standard HST transmission in their YM class. I think that would be a massive hit for Yanmar. So many people overlook this fine machine because it doesn’t have a hydro. The YT with the iHMT is awesome, but priced way higher than most want to pay.