Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #71  
The YT Yanmars with iHMT transmission are best in class IMHO. I really wished they would incorporate a standard HST transmission in their YM class. I think that would be a massive hit for Yanmar. So many people overlook this fine machine because it doesn’t have a hydro. The YT with the iHMT is awesome, but priced way higher than most want to pay.
I agree, when you ignore price and and dealer (unless you are lucky enough to live near one of the few established ones), the Yanmar is the best CUT out there. Not sure why you would want a standard hydro. The transmission is the biggest reason they are the best. Everyone else has a good HST. Oddly enough, the Yanmar HST (installed in various brands) seems to have more whine than some others.

TYM just entered into an agreement to build some models for Yanmar. A few TYM models have Yanmar engines. Maybe they will make HST versions for Yanmar.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #72  

I agree, when you ignore price and and dealer (unless you are lucky enough to live near one of the few established ones), the Yanmar is the best CUT out there. Not sure why you would want a standard hydro. The transmission is the biggest reason they are the best. Everyone else has a good HST. Oddly enough, the Yanmar HST (installed in various brands) seems to have more whine than some others.
freestar
Report this ad

TYM just entered into an agreement to build some models for Yanmar. A few TYM models have Yanmar engines. Maybe they will make HST versions for Yanmar.
Don't get me wrong, that IHMT is great. But it is a 10k+ addition. Would be nice to have another option for a less expensive hydro at this size machine.

The Yanmar tractors themselves just have awesome fit and finish and built to hold up better than just about any other.

I have a feeling the TYM Yanmar will be a T394-474 based machine with a Yanmar engine. (RK37).

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #73  
I have a feeling the TYM Yanmar will be a T394-474 based machine with a Yanmar engine. (RK37).
The 474 is a TYM engine (same one as the 4820 and 494, iirc)

Perhaps you are right. It would make it less expensive to build using the same parts. I could see them replace the SA and YT lines with TYM units with Yanmar engines. Another possibility is TYM builds Yanmar versions of the bigger units. Yanmar doesn't have anything 60 HP÷.

Ultimately, tractors are a side hustle for Yanmar. They are first and foremost an engine company. I wish the deal was to allow TYM to offer units with the IHMT. I really don't care too much as I am highly unlikely to ever get another tractor unless there is some tragedy.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series
What is iHMT and how does it work etc?

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #75  
The explanation for people like me that are not especially mechanical:

It's a proprietary transmission that operates like a hydrostatic, but does not bleed power from the PTO as much.

Example, their 46 HP engine on 2 different models. The YM PTO drops to 35.5 HP. On the YT (with IHMT) it only drops to 39.5 HP.

Someone else can probably explain why.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #76  
A more efficient hydro?

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series
Does it work the same in the cab? push 1 pedal to go forward and another to go backwards?

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #78  
One pedal and a power reverser switch/lever to change directions. No clutch.

/ Working toward refund from TMY, hoping to move to LS...question on which HP and any concerns about your MT series #79  
Check out some Fendt Vario transmission videos. The iHMT is just a scalled down version of the Vario transmission.

It's a great transmission but it does come with a price point and quite a bit of complexity.