Yanmar Specifications

/ Yanmar Specifications #11  
I almost forgot about the grey market FF Yanmars.

/ Yanmar Specifications
Sometimes if you post up your serial number a reader can narrow dowm the manufacture date. I wonder if there are interesting dealer information resources that can still be ordered? I have read that the rear wheels are stamped with a manufacture date code. Every time I get near may tracter the desire to play makes me forget about crawling around the rear wheels looking for numbers. Does anyone know about this?

Chris

/ Yanmar Specifications #13  
"Every time I get near may tracter the desire to play makes me forget about crawling around the rear wheels looking for numbers."

So have I...until I read your message! I headed outside and check...there IS a stamping on the wheel--Japan, tire size, then 3 numbers-"283" in my case. Wheels made in Feb. 1983? Mind you, this is assuming tractor is still "whole". I figured with my serial # it to be about a 1984, but I suppose 1983 isn't out of the question. Any further thoughts?

Couchsachraga

/ Yanmar Specifications #14  
I'd be surprised if your 336 was made as late as 1984. The 1983 would be a better number. Tractors differ from cars in that they go by serial number rather than years. If yours was made in 1983 and sat on a dealer's lot until 1989 then it would be considered to be a 1989 tractor.

/ Yanmar Specifications #15  
Greetings...

I was simply guess-timating from my serial number when it was made, and 1984 seemed like it would fit, but not having actual production numbers it's difficult to estimate well...so 1983 it is! Any guess on the "2"? (February? Or some other specification?)

Thank you as always!
Couchsachraga

/ Yanmar Specifications #16  
Couch, from what you have been posting, it sounds to me like you are the type of guy who is really going to enjoy reading through the 336D service and parts manuals. Both are well worth the money. The illustrations are excellent. With the parts book you can trace the changes as Yanmar wrestled with that leaky front axle seal problem. More fun than a crossword puzzle.

/ Yanmar Specifications #17  
Haven't found any marks on the rear wheels but found 180 stamped into the front wheels of a 2310, given a mfg date of 80-81 would this be the same?

/ Yanmar Specifications #18  
Greetings...
I'm sending the order to lensheaf out on Monday, and do in fact look forward to flipping through them...I've already read the operators manual, as well as the manual for the YFL1500.

Thank you again for all your help roger_scotty!
Couchsachraga
P.S. Put about 3 hours on the 336 today, mostly working on apple trees. Everybody's falling in love with the FEL /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Yanmar Specifications #19  
Does anyone in this country own an FF model other than me? I'm feeling lonely with my Craftsman All in One tool set.

/ Yanmar Specifications #20  
What we really need is a gold member that will translate Japanese manuals for free to his fellow internet brothers. Anyone out there?