Yanmar Specifications

/ Yanmar Specifications #41  
Good info!

In your opinion, is $3,000 for a 2210D with no attachments too much to pay? I havent heard it run and I don't know how many hours. Its about a 3 hour drive too
No, not too much. A good price assuming decent condition, or minor inexpensive fixes. But be real sure you don't need a loader because that would bring your total cost way up.

Don't be alarmed when you hear it run. It will sound like a dozen idiots pounding on a manhole cover with sledges. Just the sound of Raw Power. :D

Last edited:
   / Yanmar Specifications #42  
No, not too much. A good price assuming decent condition, or minor inexpensive fixes. But be real sure you don't need a loader because that would bring your total cost way up.

Don't be alarmed when you hear it run. It will sound like a dozen idiots pounding on a manhole cover with sledges. Just the sound of Raw Power. :D

I found a loader separately for $1800, its a yanmar brand loader. Does that require mods to install? Or am I better off waiting until i find a model with the loader already installed?

Lol at the raw power sound! I definitely need to hear one running now!

/ Yanmar Specifications #43  
I found a loader separately for $1800, its a yanmar brand loader. Does that require mods to install? Or am I better off waiting until i find a model with the loader already installed?

Lol at the raw power sound! I definitely need to hear one running now!

On the loader, they aren't universal mount. Being a Yanmar loader helps,but unless it just happens to be the right one for that particular tractor then some fabrication is going to be required. Loaders come in all sizes. To adapt one it needs to be the close to the right length and definitely enough width to start with, after that it is just a matter of making up some brackets and mounts. Metal working with some welding required.

To get started, we need more information on the model of the loader and the model of the tractor it came off of.
A used loader will generally come with all the hydraulics, hoses, and controls valve. It may come with an accessory hydraulic pump as well - or it might use the tractor hydraulics.

About the raw power sound - the old two cylinder models did make a lot of diesel clanking and knocking noise, but the newer three cylinder machines are much smoother and quieter. Both are very reliable. We should post some audio links for people to listen and get a feel for what Yanmars should sound like.
rScotty