Yanmar Specifications

/ Yanmar Specifications #31  
The 2202D was built the same years as the 2220D that is listed in the previous post.

Does anyone know if the 2202 is also a model that has powershift? Im looking at one in the area and it has the shifter on the top of the engine/tran frame like the powershift models. But all I have been able to find is one website and it claims manual shift

Thanks

/ Yanmar Specifications #32  
All the old Yanmars ending in 02 are manual shift. And as far as I know they all have wet brakes, some but not all had steering box power steering.

/ Yanmar Specifications #33  
Does anyone know if the 2202 is also a model that has powershift? Im looking at one in the area and it has the shifter on the top of the engine/tran frame like the powershift models. But all I have been able to find is one website and it claims manual shift

Thanks

The power shift models on the 4 digit ym series tractors all ended with a xx10 or xx20.
The xx02 series are not power shift.
I am not sure if it is true for all of the 02’s, but several if not all are 3 cyl engines. They are also I believe all gear shift trannies.
As Winston said the YM2002 has wet brakes. It also had 4 ranges with 3 gears in each of those ranges. The lowest range is labeled ‘C’ then 1, 2, & 3. Mine came with a 10mm hex blocking pin to go into crawl. It had been out 1x to insure the range worked. I think I could crawl in my belly ad fast as it moves in C3!

/ Yanmar Specifications #34  
All the old Yanmars ending in 02 are manual shift. And as far as I know they all have wet brakes, some but not all had steering box power steering.

Thanks! I thought so but figured someone here would know for sure!

Any opinions on the 2210d vs maybe a 186d or 226d? Im learning a lot about grey market and imports and american versions, just didn稚 know which would be the best for long term

/ Yanmar Specifications #35  
The power shift models on the 4 digit ym series tractors all ended with a xx10 or xx20.
The xx02 series are not power shift.

Thanks Coy! I appreciate your expertise!

Any opinions on the 2210d vs maybe a 186d or 226d? Im learning a lot about grey market and imports and american versions, just didn稚 know which would be the best for long term

Know anyone with a decent used for one sale? Hope to get one to use for finish mowing and maybe put a FEL on it

/ Yanmar Specifications #36  
Thanks! I thought so but figured someone here would know for sure!

The 2210 sports the largest 2 cylinder in these old Yanmars and famous for the Yammer Hammer. It is grey market. It has 22 pto hp or somewhere around 26 engine hp.

The 186 and 226 both sport the 3 cylinders. The 226 is shown as 19.5 tested pto hp on Tractor Data with 22 engine hp. the 186 is 18 engine hp so would come in around 15 or so pto hp.

I wouldn't put one before the other as far as reliable, I think the size tractor that best fits your needs is what you should go for. Naturally assuming all are in the same condition.

Last edited:
   / Yanmar Specifications #37  
The 2210 sports the largest 2 cylinder in these old Yanmars and famous for the Yammer Hammer. It is grey market. It has 2 pto hp or somewhere around 26 engine hp.

The 186 and 226 both sport the 3 cylinders. The 226 is shown as 19.5 tested pto hp on Tractor Data with 22 engine hp. the 186 is 18 engine hp so would come in around 15 or so pto hp.

I wouldn't put one before the other as far as reliable, I think the size tractor that best fits your needs is what you should go for. Naturally assuming all are in the same condition.

Thanks for the info. Somewhere around 20hp is about what im looking for. I hear these yanmars are warriors that run almost forever if you take care of them!

/ Yanmar Specifications #38  
Thanks for the info. Somewhere around 20hp is about what im looking for. I hear these yanmars are warriors that run almost forever if you take care of them!

True.

YM186D and its Japanese twin YM1510 have decent, surprising power but they are tiny. I need the little 186D to drive under my orchard trees without banging my head. But I also cuss each time I climb on. The footboards aren't big enough to get two feet on to at the same time. Swing around, drop my butt onto the seat, without my right foot ever touching anything. Getting off is worse. Pull my right knee up to my chin to get my leg past the steering wheel. If i were any taller (I'm not tall) it would take a cheerleader kick over the top of the steering wheel to dismount.

Regardless, I love the thing. The fit-anywhere size is ideal for me and its power using the Powershift is nearly equal to the YM240 that needed a full stop every 200 ft to shift, as I met changing conditions in my sloping orchard.

YM2210D has the higher clearance of a real farm tractor. 22 pto hp vs the YM186/YM1510's 15 hp. Powershift is wonderful. The last of the bone-simple 2 cylinder Yanmars, if you own a hammer and a screwdriver that's all you'll need to maintain it for decades. Noisy.

/ Yanmar Specifications #39  
True.

YM186D and its Japanese twin YM1510 have decent, surprising power but they are tiny. I need the little 186D to drive under my orchard trees without banging my head. But I also cuss each time I climb on. The footboards aren't big enough to get two feet on to at the same time. Swing around, drop my butt onto the seat, without my right foot ever touching anything. Getting off is worse. Pull my right knee up to my chin to get my leg past the steering wheel. If i were any taller (I'm not tall) it would take a cheerleader kick over the top of the steering wheel to dismount.

Regardless, I love the thing. The fit-anywhere size is ideal for me and its power using the Powershift is nearly equal to the YM240 that needed a full stop every 200 ft to shift, as I met changing conditions in my sloping orchard.

YM2210D has the higher clearance of a real farm tractor. 22 pto hp vs the YM186/YM1510's 15 hp. Powershift is wonderful. The last of the bone-simple 2 cylinder Yanmars, if you own a hammer and a screwdriver that's all you'll need to maintain it for decades. Noisy.

Good info!

In your opinion, is $3,000 for a 2210D with no attachments too much to pay? I havent heard it run and I dont know how many hours. Its about a 3 hour drive too

Last edited:
   / Yanmar Specifications #40  
True.

Even Yanmar must have finally figured out that the YM186 was a good fit for the small farm, but not for the farmer. They sure ran nice, like little sewing machines. And everyone loved them so they made the 186 into the YM187 for the last half of their USA experiment. The YM187 was an upgraded & stretched out YM186. Same tractor, engine, tranny, hydraulics, live PTOs, and most of the same specs, but 8" longer, an inch wider and a couple inches more ground clearance. Yanmar claimed to have added almost 300 lbs beefing it up, and substantially increased the lift capacity of the 3pt. hitch. Relocated the shifter & fixed some of the power steering leaks.....
Nice tractors - both of them.