Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice???

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #22  
I would lean more toward the JD than the ford. Of course, your the only one that can check it out & decide the condition. I haven't priced that JD so, I couldn't tell you if it's a good price or not

Last edited:
   / Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #23  
Me too JD would be my preference if asked my opinion.

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #24  
I have a Ford 1700. It is a really good machine, but parts are hard to get, and the Deere is a lot more tractor. You are effectively asking about a Nissan compact pickup vs a domestic 3/4 ton. They are not in the same category.

There is no way you should ever put the Deere on your current trailer. Ever. The Ford is unsafe on that trailer, too. If you try to load it, you will almost certainly bend the ramp, and likely the trailer. Of all the machines you listed, you could get by, for a little while with the YM1500 on your trailer, so long as you didn't have the backhoe attached.

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice???
I realized that the JD is a 2WD tractor. I thought it was a 4WD. Besides, I need power to dig with the loader and w/o 4WD, I'll have a tough time with the wheels spinning. On to more searching...

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #26  
I sure could get alot done with the Ford. And remember thats just an asking price. It's high but on CL. on the asking price it's easy to come down on the price but awful hard to go up :laughing:
The asking price is awful cheap on the JD considering I know what was paid new for the one in the pic. and what it goes for in my area used.It's only 2wd and have yet had a need for 4wd. It may have some issue's IMO.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 154
   / Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #27  
   / Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #28  
I realized that the JD is a 2WD tractor... w/o 4WD, I'll have a tough time with the wheels spinning.
As big and heavy as the Deere is, it may work just fine. For me, when I'm trying to dig a hole, the front of the tractor gets lifted off the ground, so the front axle doesn't deliver power anyway. With tires that big, especially if ballasted, and with a proper implement out back, you may have no problem at all.

If you need to dig a lot, then you should get an excavator or larger backhoe. If you know that you need 4wd to operate safely on steep slopes, well and good, but if you haven't used both types before, especially on your own terrain, you can't know what will work for sure.

The Ford is a great machine, and will do a lot. It won't lift 1500 lbs with the loader, as you want. I don't know of any 25 horsepower tractor, especially with a loader and rear implement, that would be safely loaded and transported on your trailer. I don't know of anything that could fit safely on your trailer and safely handle 1500 lbs on a loader; perhaps not even on the three point hitch.

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #29  
Did i miss something? Where is the talk of the trailer? Are we getting this thread confused with the other one where the guy found a JD 870 and a manihandra?

/ Yanmar YM1500D & 1700 Tractors - Looking to purchase - Advice??? #30  
ok, looked at the other thread and got it.