You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,021  
I honestly thought you were refering to this

View attachment 861656

After I looked up a fluroscope, kind of glad I don't remember ever using them. Not certain if going to a shoe store to have your feet being x-rayed :ROFLMAO:

I'm not THAT old yet, but I remember when my parents would take my shoes to the cobler to be resoled
That is a Brannock Device. Learned that on Jeopardy last night.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,022  
Remember when you got new shoes and they measured your foot? Do they even still do this?
I went in a Red Wing store recently and they did a scan of my foot showing the size, width, pressure points and both instep and underside arch dimensions.

I have a high instep upper arch problem and am hard to fit. A guy told me there are are custom boot places that will make an actual cast of each of your feet and make a plastic last (casting) of your foot so you get an exact fit by a custom bootmaker. I didn't do it but it's something to think about.

/ You Know You Are Old When
#2,025  
My wife orders shoes online. She knows the brands and what size fits. Easy.

They are mostly tennis shoes.

It’s so easy these days to order online and door delivery. It’s rare we ever go into a real brick store except for food.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,026  
It's all kind of relative... Current minimum wage in NC is $7.25 an hour, that's a gross of $15,080 a year for a 40 hour work week. Minimum wage in 1969 was $1.60 which would be a gross of $3,340 a year.

I think the biggest difference is back then you could find a lot more people willing to work for minimum wage and not sure what kind of new car you could buy for today under $15,000 LOL (although I do wonder how much shipping and handling were).
I don't think many people who earned minimum wage in 1969 were buying new cars then either, maybe teens/20somethings who still lived with their parents.
Would YOU want to work for $7.25/hr today? Can't imagine any business thinking they can attract a workforce paying that. Not that I agree with what some states are mandating either...

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,027  
Remember when you got new shoes and they measured your foot? Do they even still do this?
Don't think I've seen a shoe store that had actual clerks that fit shoes since I was a kid. Not all that many dedicated shoe stores around anymore anyway. Like Pixguy said, mostly you just go in, fit yourself, only employees are cashiers/stockers.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,028  
My wife's father died when she was 2 and there was only her sister and mother at that point. They led a quiet sheltered life but when she was 16 or so she started dating. She tells the story of her boyfriend standing in the corner of the yard one day for a minute, so she asked him what he was doing. Apparently, he said "I had to piss". She said, "Standing up?".
Well he sounded like a class act. :rolleyes: I'll pee on my own lawn, in the woods, etc. but never on someone else's property, especially that of someone I was dating!
Ever notice how the grass turns a deep, almost blue-ish green where you've "gone"?

Actually, my wife encourages me to "go" around her flower beds, especially in the spring/early summer to discourage deer from eating the plants.