9. Realize you’re not
  10. Grab a pair of relaxed fit in correct(ish) size
  11. Try them on
  12. If they don’t hurt, buy them
  13. Get the hell out
  14. Wear ugly jeans until they disintegrate
  15. Repeat

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,003  
This is Kanuckistan. Same rules in the banks. Turdo has to know everything going on with the little he doesn't tax away.
Honestly, I was only worried on the drive home with that much money in the car.

For whatever reason, a cop pulls you over, there is this thing called "cash asset forfeiture". Basically, anything over 10 ground found on your possession can be confiscated by the police without them even charging or arresting you for anything.

I knew the odds were next to nothing to getting pulled over, but still possible. I respect the police, but like any other profession, some I would trust as far as I can throw them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,004  

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409-061315.png
    Screenshot_20240409-061315.png
    799 KB · Views: 43
   / You Know You Are Old When #2,005  
Basically, anything over 10 ground found on your possession can be confiscated by the police without them even charging or arresting you for anything
This needs to be stopped. Another practice which some towns have made money on is siezing property for unpaid back taxes which are considerably less than the value, and making a killing.
Yes, you need to pay your taxes. Yet if somebody gets behind they shouldn't lose what they do have for pennies on the dollar.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,006  
This needs to be stopped.
This is the things about laws...

They're made for a reason. The issue is over time, people being people in control of those laws expand on those laws to the point where they aren't being used for their original intended purpose.

The law of cash asset forfeiture was originally created in 1986, primarly due to illegal drugs and the illegal gains made by the people making money on illegal drugs. Hey, you have some drug kingpin who has 100 grand laying around, what are you going to do with it? Definately not give it out to a needed cause, but take to help your "company" bottom line.

The government (federal and state) realized that they have a good thing going with these laws.

The issue is when some Joe gets caught with a large amount of money because that's the way they lead their life and don't believe in banks or credit cards.

I had the invoice from my contractor who I was paying a bill to in the car, along with my bank receipt along with the camera rolling for the 20 mintue drive home from the bank "just in case" I got pulled over LOL Generally I never have no more than $100 in my wallet and live off my credit card for my 2% cash back (credit) LOL

Sorry for the train derailment 😉

Although from a laywer, and interesting read on the history...

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When
#2,009  
I can’t even remember my hourly wages as a teen.

But, I’ll never forget my first real job after college in 1978 was $13600.

Thought I was living high on the hog at the time.

My friends all thought if we ever make $1000 times our age we’d have succeeded.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,010  
You are old when you need a watch that can tell you that you left your phone at home.