You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,722  
What about Uni, Roy and Al?

Also put a Tiger in your tank and Chevron F310 debut in 1970?

Techron is the current flavor of F310.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,725  
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,727  
Please tell me WHY tires came wrapped at all. It's puzzled me for decades.
Keep debris out of them. Mice, dirt, you name it. Wrapping was waterproof so prob that as well. Bad idea to wrap with tape but there were no plastic bags to wrap in back then.

Plus, after the tires were unwrapped, the tires were all squished together and the only way to get the beads to seat was by inserting Coke bottles to get the beads to open up so you could seat them. Even then it was a struggle.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #1,728  
I don’t know about a sister, but she was married to Fred and her best friend was Lucy.
I'm surprised that nobody recognized it. That was a line from a Burt Reynolds movie, WW and the Dixie Dance Kings

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,730  
... when you ask about and start ranking in order of preference, the cause of death of your acquaintances.

... if you've ever uttered the phrase, "that's a good way to go".
Reminds me of a local older gentleman that died in the woods of a local farmer I know. He stopped by the dairy barn in the early evening to let them know he was going raccoon hunting. Pretty typical of him. Many hours later, his wife called to see if he was still out there? Dairy farmer said he didn't see him leave, but he'd go look for him. Drove out into the woods and found his truck. Got out and started calling. Nothing. Walked a few trails and saw a flashlight beam shining up into the mist. It was raining lightly, and the man was sitting on the ground, leaned up against a tree, shotgun across his lap, and the light tucked under his arm. Apparently he just sat down and died.

"That's a good way to go." was mentioned by a few of us when he told us that story.