GM guy drooling over a Ford....

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #81  
I have a 2012 F150 with the 6.2 in it and really like it. Tons of power and very comfortable. Gets 15 mpg if I keep my foot out of it. Maybe if you really like them, you can find a nice used one for less.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #82  
The 14's are nice...Keep your head on straight or you'll be driving one home...Not that it's a bad thing.

Edit:...The '14 5.3 isn't that far away from the current 6.2, 50 or so HP less but who cares...Don't remember the torque..But it was fairly close...Same towing ability anyway. I had to think about that one too...

That will be the difficult part, Keith will have pricing for me too.

No pricing for the 5.3DI Max Trailer package as of yet.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #83  
That will be the difficult part, Keith will have pricing for me too.

No pricing for the 5.3DI Max Trailer package as of yet.

Let me know how it works out...Honestly, the HD tow does a great job itself..Had it on my last one and this one. The 14's I looked at were 9600# with the current tow package....Don't know if you need more than that or not.

Edit..Don't forget to get the integrated brake controller...Well worth the 200 bucks.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #84  
Let me know how it works out...Honestly, the HD tow does a great job itself..Had it on my last one and this one. The 14's I looked at were 9600# with the current tow package....Don't know if you need more than that or not.

Edit..Don't forget to get the integrated brake controller...Well worth the 200 bucks.

No, don't need an hd!!! Things that are mandatory, integrated brake controller, max trailer, 5.3, tow mirrors, and 6 1/2' box, crew cab, 4wd.

Will keep y'all posted!

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #85  
I was passed by a 2014 chevy crew cab, 6.5ft bed a couple days ago and noticed that GM brought back the old semi floater 14 bolt rear axle. Same outer shape as all the old ones in the 80's and 90's.

Good thing they did. The ten bolt is not up to the task of more weight, more power and more towing.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #86  
I was passed by a 2014 chevy crew cab, 6.5ft bed a couple days ago and noticed that GM brought back the old semi floater 14 bolt rear axle. Same outer shape as all the old ones in the 80's and 90's.

Good thing they did. The ten bolt is not up to the task of more weight, more power and more towing.

EXCELLENT!! Must of been a max trailer truck!!

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #87  
The v6 trucks get a 8.6 inch axle, v8 models get a 9.5 inch axle, max trailering double cab and crew cab get a 9.75 inch axle with 3:73 gears.

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford....
Here it is with our new 32' TT

Nice... Sorry so late on the reply. Been working 11 hour days. This start up with the new truck plus running the current product is very challenging to say the least. Nice set up. We almost bought a class C. Glad we bought the Suburban instead. Still haven't found the right toy hauler. Heck. Haven't had any time to look. Went over to a friends house this past weekend and rode his new RZR. What a blast. Thinking of getting a Deere RSX. Again... Haven't had time to look. A lot of places to camp and ATV it here in MO. Anyway, nice truck and camper. I'm sure the extra interior room is nice. Happy RVing!

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #89  
My daughters godfather has the raptor, If you have any questions about it let me know I can ask him. I have seen 3 in our area (including his).

/ GM guy drooling over a Ford.... #90  
I'll be honest, I didn't read through all 9 pages, just thought I would add my thoughts though. At work the Raptor has become the go to for our off road vehicles because they're one of the few vehicles capable of reliably making it into and out of the places our HMMWV's go, and they cost 1/8th of the price. They get used and abused in desert terrain and I've never heard a complaint from the guys who run our mobility department.