Kubota BX2660 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
happy39

BX2660 Kubota
Kubota bx2660
Model Year: 2010

Overall this is a great little machine. We have a little over an acre and the machine is perfect in size. My wife uses it for her gardening as well as cutting the grass. I have maxed out the lifting capacity digging in the soil but I have learned to take smaller bites and it works just fine. The 4 wheel drive feature allows us to navigate our hilly terrain easily. Overall a great machine for the price.

Pros: Ease of operation, good on fuel.
Cons: Some fit and finish was weak.

4.00 star(s)
hogmaster2550

BX2660 Kubota
2010 BX2660

I have seven acres to mow. Mostly level ground. Also have a 500 ft. gravel driveway to maintain. This tractor with 60" MMM does a good job of mowing. However, if the grass gets a little to high it tends to windrow the cut grass. The FEL is perfect for the chores I encounter here. I have no issue with the turf tires that came with the tractor. That might change this winter pushing snow, but I will be putting the ballast box on for that task.

Pros: All in all a good reliable tractor that is very fuel conservative.
Cons: Windrows grass, digital hour guage/ RPM guage almost impossible to see.

5.00 star(s)
freddyr

BX2660 Kubota
Kubota BX 2660

Bought in may 2010, and I love it. I'm always adding new things. It has an fel, deck mower, 52" rear snow blower, Giant vac leaf blower, 48" tiller , 5ft rear blade, and soon to get a clamp on snow plow!

Pros: Easy to use.
Cons: Should have seperate hydraulic for mower and rear pto equipment.

5.00 star(s)
easyinny

BX2660 Kubota
Great Tractor

So far so good for this tractor. I really love the way this tractor works. I have a 60 inch blade on the front of it and the rear tires loaded. Pushes snow with ease!!

Pros: 25.5 HP. 4WD. Ease of use.
Cons: Can't find one.

5.00 star(s)
easyinny

BX2660 Kubota
Great Tractor

This has been a good purchase for me. It has lots of power and will be fun to operate. Makes work fun.

Pros: Seat, power, price,kubota,steering
Cons: None yet

5.00 star(s)
Haywire

BX2660 Kubota
Awesome Little Machine

This tractor is a powerhouse for it's size. Handles a 60" deck in tall grass with authority. When using ground engaging implements, you run out of traction before you run out of power. The 4wd is especially useful when working with the bucket. For the garden and yard chores it's tops. There are a couple reasons why I only gave it 4 stars in features and build quality. 1. The vulnerability of the plastic transmission cooling fan and transmission oil filter. Damage the fan, and you have to take the engine off the mounts and move it forward to replace it. The transmission oil filter is also in a vulnerable position underneath and if punctured without being noticed, could ruin your tranny. 2. The position of the 3PH lift lever. It's mounted low on the side console, so if you are twisted around watching an implement, you can't reach the lever without also leaning forward. A little foresight during design would have made this ergonomic oversight an easy fix. Basically, If you need a high end, powerful mower with some dirt moving capability, this is your machine, look no further. If you want a mini tractor that you expect to be able to go out to the back 40 and bushhog with, look to the B series. The B's have more ground clearance and are better suited for off-lawn operation.

Pros: High power to weight, 4WD, comfortable seating, power steering.
Cons: Low ground clearance, tranny oil filter and cooler vulnerability, control ergonomics.

5.00 star(s)
tjl5709

BX2660 Kubota
BX2660
Model Year: 2011

First real tractor. Bought it based on a lot of research. Got FEL, MMM, and front plow. Landscaping, mowing, plowing snow.

Pros: Dealer network; Owner network online.
Cons: Nothing yet.

5.00 star(s)
bovinadude

BX2660 Kubota
Mini-Might

I've used this tractor for two seasons now. It goes through and cuts tall brush; the FEL has infinite uses (most recently moving firewood) and does snow duty in the winter months; the 4x4 works without issues; diesel sips fuel and has power; the addition of a rear tow bar is great for moving fallen trees; and this mini-might is great for getting in and through tight spots. I don't think you can go wrong with this tractor. The only thing I miss is not having a backhoe... but that's just an excuse for me to get another tractor down the road.

Pros: Dependable & sturdy.
Cons: No backhoe (which I knew when I purchased it).

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX2660 Kubota
Small but Capable

We use the BX2660 for our vineyards, with 6' row spacing. Its one of the smallest conventional style tractors that can pick up a 50 Gal sprayer on the three point, and it has enough PTO to keep up with tilling and flail mowing at better than walking speed. It's top speed in high range is only about 8mph, so you will want to use a trailer to move it any distance. The 2 range Hydrostatic transmission has a hand throttle lock or "cruise control" to allow for constant speed operation and the controls are well laid out and labeled with diagrams that are self explanatory. MFWD works well, though with a heavy load on the back you will want weights on the front to keep it from understeering. I fashioned a bracket from a bigger tractor and hang 4x55 lbs to balance my spray rig. Be careful that you don't conflict with your front end loader cylinder, I bent a few hose fittings before figuring out there was no clearance if the bucket was below grade. Lubrication points are well located and accessible, and every 10 hrs greasing is no issue. The 50 hr fluid change is simple to do, and the engine compartment is neat and everything is reachable. the cooling fan is mounted towards the driver, which reduces the dirt that is drawn over the engine and the amount of dust blown back on your boots. My wife can handle with ease, including driving on and off the trailer, and the hitch is flexible enough to handle all of our implements. There's a small compartment in the seat back for manuals or other paper work, but no place for a tool box. Anything placed in the cup holder bigger than your truck keys will probably bounce out. A12V cigarette lighter outlet is under the seat for auxiliary power, and I'm mounting an Ipad in front of the wheel to log spray passes with the GPS, The Rigid ROPS catches on the landscaping and orchard, but that's about the only quibble I have with it. The seat is close to the wheel and pedals, so that at 5'11" I feel a bit like I'm driving a toy but that's part of making a subcompact. welded a 2" hitch receiver to the drawbar plate and use it to pull a small trailer at harvest. We bought our Kubota from the San Jose branch of Lampson Tractor, (Lampson may be a great dealer but they closed their San Jose branch for cause, their salesman was stealing from customers... )

Pros: Small (42" wide), capable, low fuel use, quiet.
Cons: Rigid ROPS, leg room.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
mlange2009

BX2660 Kubota
BX2660

I love this tractor,had a 1941 9n before the 2660,it was fun for 10 years,but wanted to upgrade,best thing i ever did,love the 4 wd,and F E L was tired of freezing while doing snow thing ,so made a cab for it sorry no pictures but it does the job, anyway can't say enough about this little orange machine, JUST LOVE IT.

Pros: fwd fel power steering.
Cons: Upper hose need to be rerouted, in the way of the oil fill cap.