Kubota BX2660 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
John R Nungesser

BX2660 Kubota
Kubota BX2660- 10; Massey Ferguson GC2300- 6; Craftsman W/ 25 hp - 4!
Model Year: 2011

So far, this BX2660 has surpassed expectations! It mowes (54" belly) level and thorough. It "bushhogs" (48" rotary cutter) like a hot knife through butter. It maneuvers much easier between and around my several thousand trees. The engine, though the rpms are higher than the GC2300, is more economical ... and powers through 3' to 5' weeds and dew-heavy grass. I just performed winter "PM" on it. Took off the deck so I could put on chains. Turf tires are perfectly "doofless" on snow and ice. Now I can install the logsplitter and haul the trailer out to collect winter - damaged trees for the wood-burner. My dealer installed auxiliary hydraulic outlets / controls for the 3 point mounted 2 way splitter.

Pros: The BX2660 is a workin', refined, maneuverable tractor!
Cons: The seat is a heavy pain to tip up. I usually tip my seat wo keep from smokin my butt (sunshine). or to keep it dry, rain or snow.

5.00 star(s)
yooper jim

BX2660 Kubota
BX2660
Model Year: 2010

Have a hard sided cab (Curtis) w/heat and it just make the job of snow blowing a pleasure rather than a chore. The front mounted blower works great with a heavy box blade as ballast and chains on the rear. With the loader, my wife refers to it as my wheel barrow with a cab.

Pros: Excellant quality and well thought out tractor.
Cons: A little shy on ground clearance. Quick hitch must be removed for loader.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX2660 Kubota
Love it!

This is my first tractor. I bought it to replace an ATV which just wasn't enough to plow my 1/3 mile driveway. I bought a Curtis Snow Pro plow but haven't used it to date (1/7/12)! You can thank me if it never snows again. It has a FEL and I picked up a 48" rotary cutter on CL for $500. I added Bro-Tek wheel spacers on the rear to add stability on my side hill. I've dug out the ditch along my driveway with the FEL and I've graded it nicely with a borrowed rear blade. It skids logs, even uphill, like butter. I've been having a ball with it clearing land and lumber-dinking around my 14 wooded acres. Dealer is nearby and has been great.

Pros: Great workhorse with lots of power and endless attachments.
Cons: Should come with skid plates for us woods dwellers but I see a new welding project in my future.

4.00 star(s)
Popfizz7

BX2660 Kubota
BX2660 Review
Model Year: 2008

Overall nice tractor. The front tires are junk (bar). Had some hydraulic leaks that should never have happened. Also had a broken motor mount (factory failure). The tractor has good power overall and a comfortable seat. I wish it had a built in storage compartment somewhere for a few tools.

Pros: Adequate power, comfortable seat.
Cons: Reliability not quite what it should be. Poor quality front tires (bar). Speed seems slow.

5.00 star(s)
David M

BX2660 Kubota
First Tractor
Model Year: 2009

Of course, have had the mass market "garden tractors," but now that I've had this Kubota, I know those store variety aren't real tractors. Anyway, pleasantly surprised at the utility this machine gives me even on just my lot in town! I really got it for country property but haven't even used it there yet. I really like this machine.

Pros: Strong, well built, quiet, easy to self service most things, zero percent interest.
Cons: No lights to the rear, turn signals too easy to destroy in hedges, $$$.

5.00 star(s)
John Ward

BX2660 Kubota
Kubotta BX2660

Great piece of machinery. Very good dealer experience (Emerich- Charlton, NY)

Pros: Like the FEL.
Cons: Tach is hard to read-needs to be larger so we boomers don't have to wear glasses to read it.

5.00 star(s)
JimRice2

BX2660 Kubota
Kubota BX2660 w/FEL 60" Mower Deck
Model Year: 2010

My Kubota is an excellent machine for the homeowner with a large lot to mow, landscape and garden. My wife uses the front loader to spread mulch and to assist her in planting the many landscaping plants she has installed since buying our new home. I bought a single bottom plow which I use to plow the garden, disc and mow the 1.9 acre lot. Highly recommend it for home owners. The only complaint I have had is with the dealer I purchased it from not having a dedicated staff to service my Kubota. That is no reflection on the machine, only the dealer.

Pros: Excellent machine, does all expected plus some.
Cons: Dealer service department.

5.00 star(s)
geifried

BX2660 Kubota
So Far So Good

Works as I want it to.

Pros: Powerful.
Cons: Whines.

5.00 star(s)
rj1955

BX2660 Kubota
Kubota 2660

Purchased the tractor along with a 60" deck mower and front end loader. Also purchased a scraper box and added teeth to the bucket. This little machine had been put through the test, both moving a hill slide from the road and mowing. It has performed flawless. The teeth on the bucket really make digging much more efficient. It is a great machine and the controls are very user friendly. Would not hesitate to recommend this Kubota 2660 to anyone. It also mows great, better than my JD 235.

Pros: Well built machine, great ride and handles smooth.
Cons: Needs small storage compartment. Tight fit when removing mower deck.

5.00 star(s)
jctrabue

BX2660 Kubota
BX2660 Review

I bought this tractor with a front end loader, 60 inch mower deck, and box blade. I own 3 acres which needed to be cleaned off (a lot of brush on it). Once I got it cleaned off, I plan on using it mainly for mowing, snow removal, and other small jobs. It is a great little tractor but does have some problems. I owned it two days before I broke the cooling fan for the transmission which is mounted on the drive shaft on the underneath side. There is also a filter for the transmission mounted on the underneath side of the tractor. There is absolutely no protection for any of this. In order to repair the fan you have to unbolt the engine and move it forward so the fan can be replaced on the drive shaft. The grease zerks on the wheels on the mower deck do not stay in the wheels. When you grease them the grease zerks usually pull out of the wheels when you try to take the grease gun off them. Also when I bought this tractor the front tires (bar type) would not hold air. About every two or three days they would go completely flat. They were repaired twice without any success. They finally replaced both the tires and rims which took care of the problem. Overall I do love my tractor and am glad that I bought it. It has plenty of power for what I need. The mower deck does a great job but is a little difficult to grease while on the tractor. Bought from a great dealer (Crown Power and Equipment in Eldon, MO). I bought it right from them and they took care of my warranty needs without a problem.

Pros: Great tractor, lots of power, 4wd comes in handy and is needed for certain jobs.
Cons: Transmission cooling fan & transmission filter need protection from getting damaged. Grease zerks on mower deck wheels need to be improved. Low clearance to ground.