Kubota L3130 Reviews

4.00 star(s)
Squeak n Itch

L3130 Kubota
Three point sawtooth
Model Year: 2003

The power, transmission, steering and loader performance is excellent. The three point hitch, however, raises in small jumps rather than smoothly. This necessitates raising in its jumpy mode to a level higher than necessary and then dropping the implement, slowly, to the proper height. As a novice tractor owner I thought this was normal. On this site I found that is not the case (regrettably too late to ask the dealer to fix it under warranty). I will be cautious on my next purchase. My next tractor will have a mid-pto.

Pros: Power, Front end loader
Cons: Jerky action of three point.

4.00 star(s)
cletus

L3130 Kubota
Kubota 3130 GST
Model Year: 0

So we've just had this little tractor a bit more than a year now. Coming on the heels of a '64 Ford 2wd getting the Kubota was like driving a Caddy. I'm very glad I got it and couldn't be happier with it. It will go anywhere and is easy and comfortable to drive. I went with the GST because I heard they were the least troublesome, it does have some nice points but I'd just as soon use a clutch, not real happy with the lag time when shifting on the fly. Other than that no complaints. Also got a Woods FEL, that and the 5' scrape blade were worth their weight in gold with the winter we had in NC. If anyone is looking at a Kubota vs. something else, I don't see how they could go wrong going with orange.

Pros: starts, runs, handles beautifully
Cons: GST transmission has more lag between shifting than I thought it would

5.00 star(s)
Boyde

L3130 Kubota
Kubota L3130 HST TLB

Excellent tractor but it is a bit underpowered - It could use about 5 additional HP. I added STP in the motor oil at 1600 hours and it made a big difference in overall performance.

Pros: Reliable, starts very well in cold weather.
Cons: Underpowered

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

L3130 Kubota
L3130 - 2003

2003 - Grand L3130 w/LA723 loader and BH90 hoe. R4 tires. Adequate power for most of my needs, but there are quite a few times when I would like more. GST is OK for hoe work; however I absolutely hate it for loader work. I could kick myself for not buying the hydro. Hydraulics are not as fast as I would like but adequate. Do not care for the location of the heel activated differential lock position. My BX24 is the same, but my BX1500 has it forward on the left side of platform near the parking brake lock. Much better location imho. Actually, I would like to see a diff lock mechanism that could also be locked on full time. For the homeowner or farmer, a great midsized tractor that would handle most needs, but for commercial use on a daily basis, I would highly recommend one of the hydro TLBs (L45, L48) They have more HP and faster hydraulics. Yes, more $$$, but you will save that in time over the life of the tractor.

Pros: Value for the price, good size for non commercial use
Cons: Diff lock position

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

L3130 Kubota
Handy Utility Tractor
Model Year: 2005

I use this tractor for small jobs, where it really excels. With the 723 loader, I placed 60 cubic yards of 3' riprap on the creek bank where I was having erosion problems. The hydrostatic transmission was one of the big selling points, since loader work will burn out a conventional clutch.The L3130 handles a 100 gallon sprayer on the 3-point just fine. With ag tires in 4wd it has a surprising amount of push. I use the bucket to clear brush. In wet weather I have tipped over trees up to 6" in diameter. The tractor has been trouble free, except for the bead breaking on both front tires. I put inner tubes in the tires and have had no more problems. On the down side, the cooling system is marginal at best. If the screen plugs even a little bit, the tractor will overheat. They didn't waste any money on the electrical system either. The battery and alternator are too small to run an inverter for field power. The low power is not a problem for me because my other tractor is 3x the drawbar horsepower, but too large to be practical for utility work. If it's your only tractor, I would recommend a bigger engine or plenty of spare time. The L3130 will do just about anything, just slowly.

Pros: Low fuel consumption, great hydraulics, & good value for the price.
Cons: Poor cooling system, small battery and alternator.

4.00 star(s)
jimnelson

L3130 Kubota
Kubota L3130 GST

Overall, I am very pleased with my decision to buy a Kubota tractor. This is my first experience owning a tractor, so my review may not be as valuable as some others. I bought it to use in a small farm environment. I got it with the removable BH90 backhoe, and the LA723 front loader. I also had the top-n-tilt hydraulic operators installed, which proved to be very helpful to this rookie. In hindsight, I probably should have gone with a slightly larger model, as I managed to bend a few cylinder shafts by overloading the machine. After using a few other tractors belonging to friends, I am always happy to get back to my Kubota with it's easy shifting gear box, and smooth, easy to control hydraulics. I definitely recommend them, and would consider buying another. Jim

Pros: Easy shifting trans, smooth hydraulics, & excellent visibility.
Cons: Backhoe mount negates use of belly mower.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

L3130 Kubota
Never Looked Back
Model Year: 2004

I love my 3130 HST, I am a contractor, I build dirt pads, tear up concrete slabs & driveways Bushhog my 24 acres, and move dirt! There has been a time or 2 that I thought I could use a little more HP, but not much. This is Simply a WORK HORSE. I have the 723 FEL and using this tractor, I tore up and cleaned up a 10 X 20 concrete slab in 22 minutes. Start to Finish. Which is why I only have 477 hours on my "Bota!

Pros: Everything about this tractor!
Cons: None!

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

L3130 Kubota
Kubota L3130 HST 4X4

This is my 3rd Kubota starting with a 14hp, then 21hp. I have had excellent service from all 3. It's a little under powered, but Kubota's are the way to go. I use my front end loader (723) for everything including pulling up stumps (semi-rotten). I also have a backhoe attachment but it takes a hour to put it on. I give my tractor a workout and it keeps on going. Hope I didn't say that too loud.

Pros: Great all around tractor.
Cons: Slight underpowered and wished backhoe was easier to put on. Front end loader can be put on and off in less than 5 mins.

5.00 star(s)
signguys

L3130 Kubota
Kubota

Happy with tractor.

Pros: None.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
Renigeid

L3130 Kubota
Jim's Kubota Tractor: My Working Toy

Love it!! Prior to purchasing my Kubota, I owned and used an old Ford 800 for many years. No power steering, no adjustable seats, no power steering, no FEL, Okay, you get it! Climbing on my Kubota was (and still is) like getting into a 1959 Caddy (when new) compared to mounting an old Model "T"! My only regret (soon) was not purchasing a FEL with the "quick Attachment Features". I opted for the regular FEL because I needed to save a few bucks. Would not make this mistake again. Soon, I discovered that I needed a set of forks. I purchased some after market forks and adapted them to the FEL. They work great and are easily attached and removed. No sweat there. All pros with this tractor and no cons! It has done everything I've asked. I use it for the most part bush hogging and FEL work with the forks.

Pros: Just a great piece of equipment!
Cons: No cons!

Photo Uploads: