Gravely 917003 4.00 star(s) (1)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Gravely 917003.
Log Splitters

About the Gravely 917003

Gravely 917003 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 917003 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (1)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Gravely 917003 Subcompact Tractor
0 %
100 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

917003 Gravely
Gravley 27 Ton Log Splitter
Model Year: 2014

After deciding I am getting way too old and fat to swing a maul, I decided to get a hydraulic log splitter. I shopped for this splitter for several months, while I saved up the money to buy it. I wish that I had been able to get it sooner, when it was not the heat of summer, but I couldn't. I looked online at several models, but chose the Gravely, for price, and more importantly, because I really like the local Gravely dealer (I have a Gravely PM260Z ZTR, as well as several Stihl tools that I bought from them). I was concerned that the 27-ton would not be big enough. I have some really big logs to split, but for the most part, the 27 ton has done everything I asked of it, The one exception, was some wood that I just got, that I think is still too green to split. It is tearing rather than spitting. I can actually see water squirting out when the wedge goes through. I will save that for next season. I did split some Laurel Oak, about 24" in diameter, without any trouble at all. The Subaru engine starts on the first pull every time, except for when I forget to put the on/off switch into the On mode. This has happened more often than I want to admit. The only minor complaint that I have, is that the rear stabler foot is difficult to put down, I have to sort of lift up on the splitting beam to get it down, and it has to be retracted to use the splitter in the vertical mode. The machine is also heavy to move by hand. The 34 ton comes with a wheel as the front foot, and that would probably be easier to deal with. I might add one. Overall, I am more than please with this purchase.

Pros: Ample power, work table come standard.
Cons: Rear stabilizer is hard to use. Machine is hard to move.

[ad placeholder]

Gravely 917003 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Gravely 917003s

Gravely 917003 Community Rankings

#1 user rating of 253 Log Splitters items
#1 Viewed of 253 Log Splitters items
#1 discussed of 253 Log Splitters items
#1380 user rating of 27027 items overall
#4346 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall