Mahindra MAX22HST 4.30 star(s) (6)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Mahindra MAX22HST.
Subcompact Tractors
1704761710.jpg

About the Mahindra MAX22HST

Mahindra MAX22HST Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MAX22HST topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (6)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Mahindra MAX22HST Subcompact Tractor
67 %
0 %
33 %
0 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAX22HST Mahindra
Max 22 is Better Than I Hoped or Expected
Model Year: 2012

My use of the Max 22 thus far has been mostly loader work, some land clearing and a small amount of mowing. My only complaint is the hydraulics are very abrupt. Perhaps this is normal, and if so, it is a feature of SCUTs that could easily be improved. Other than that the Max 22 has plenty of power, easily lifts the rated 900 pounds in the bucket, and quite a bit more in my experience. Maybe more important is the breakout force, which, when used for land clearing or boulder removal is as important as the lift capacity of the loader. I've removed several half ton boulders buried in material, and done so with pretty fair efficiency. Operating the tractor in high when doing work of any consequence is really not possible, especially where steep hills is involved. And when doing heavy loader work sometimes it takes removing your foot from the throttle pedal to get that last extra ounce of power out of the hydraulic system. The ergonomics are great. The seat comes up high enough on the back where I am not sore after spending a full day in the seat working. Maybe a bit of suspension in the seat would be nice, but that would necessitate raising the level of the seat, which would not be comfortable. The throttle pedal is a little close to the transmission yoke for my liking, but you do get used to it pretty quickly. I have an oil light but always prefer an oil pressure gauge. The light switch would be better served higher up as my knees keep hitting the switch and I am driving around my yard like an old lady driving down the highway with her blinkers on. Fit and finish of the tractor is superb. It also appears the finish is very durable.

Pros: Strong chasis, engine and durable. Sipps fuel.
Cons: Hydraulics are abrupt.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Kfgowash

MAX22HST Mahindra
Mahindra Max 22
Model Year: 2012

After a year of research I purchased my first tractor (SCUT) for my property. I looked at just about every make and model and carefully weighting the differences. Believe it or not I passed up the Mahindra do to lack of knowledge and made in India? Well, after reading and test driving the Max 22, I knew this was the tractor for me. It was affordable and it is the biggest in the SCUT class. I've retired from the dept. of corrections in CT and have now found a hobby taking back my property. More to come...

Pros: Largest payload, well known engine, dealer close by.
Cons: Have yet to find any.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAX22HST Mahindra
Great Dry Area Machine
Model Year: 2013

This is a great little tractor, I have a 60" finish Mower, 4ft Bush Hog and front loader on it. Has plenty of power and mows grass like a champ. Bush Hog and end loader work great. You will use it in low range a lot due to High range being to high for the 22HP engine. The only thing I do not like about it is if you have any and i do mean any low wet spots that are soft you will be stuck in the mud very easily, especially with the belly mower on it, the mower does not lift high enough to get you out of some of the low spots, if you sink a little without the mower attached, you could come out of the mud, but with that stupid belly mower on if you sink over a few inches that's where you will stay until you winch it out, unless your lucky enough to have the front loader on it and can get a good solid hold to let it help you out. They should give you a 5000 LB. winch with this tractor as a free ad-on. Don't get me wrong I love this tractor and would not give it up for anything, but just watch the soft ground or you will be stuck!

Pros: Does everything a big tractor can do, plenty of attachments available.
Cons: Take caution in wet soft areas, when it's dry you can't stop it!

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Lonestar1

MAX22HST Mahindra
Mahindra MAX 22 HST

In its class, none of the other appear to be as powerful. I have the MAX 22 with the front end loader, mid mower and backhoe.

Pros: Easy backhoe removal, speedy hydraulics and well built construction.
Cons: Mid-mower raise and lower is very restricted.

Photo Uploads:

3.00 star(s)
DDW OREGON

MAX22HST Mahindra
Good Small Simple Tractor

This is a good small simple tractor for light work. It is the first hydrostatic transmission i have used. I prefer a shuttle shift.

Pros: Simple, open cock pit
Cons: Okay clearance, no belly protection, no rear hydraulics, weak 3-point

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MAX22HST Mahindra
Emax 22 HST
Model Year: 2014

The fuel shutoff actuator failed at 223 hours and was $1144.00 to replace! Seriously? Happy? Are you kidding? They would not warranty the part. I'm rethinking about a trade.

Pros: Small and compact
Cons: Not reliable

[ad placeholder]

Mahindra MAX22HST Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Mahindra MAX22HSTs

Mahindra MAX22HST Community Rankings

#40 user rating of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#45 Viewed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#12 discussed of 70 Subcompact Tractors items
#1245 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1909 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall