Massey Ferguson 2605 4.20 star(s) (14)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson 2605.
25-50 HP Tractors

About the Massey Ferguson 2605

Massey Ferguson 2605 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 2605 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (14)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson 2605 Subcompact Tractor
57 %
21 %
7 %
14 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
sx1100

2605 Massey Ferguson
MF 2605
Model Year: 2009

Very happy, great tractor, full size at a compact price. Fit and finish are good, my only complaint would be that the factory didn't get much paint on the edges of the sheet metal. The good news is it actually has sheet metal, not fiberglass and plastic that can look pretty bad after a few years in the sun or one good hit. I love my Massey Ferguson 2605.

Pros: A nice basic full size utility tractor at a good price.
Cons: Now I have to wax my tractor, something I swore I'd never do.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2605 Massey Ferguson
Massey Ferguson 2605
Model Year: 2008

I've operated Kubota's, 8N Fords, John Deere, and even a small Satoh Bull, but this Massey Ferguson 2605 is one well built and dependable tractor. Best buy in tractors I've ever made!

Pros: Well built, reliable, better quality for less than other similar tractors, a workhorse with power to get the job done.
Cons: Getting use to the many features other brands didn't have.

2.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2605 Massey Ferguson
Very Poor Tractor
Model Year: 2009

If you want a tractor that never works then this is the tractor for you. I have had this tractor for two years and 190 hrs. Its been the shop three times for a locked up gear shift and now its on its third battery. The tractor has a short in the system that is keeping it from starting. I keep it stored in a shop out of the weather when not in use. I treat this piece of junk a lot better than it should be. Look for another brand (Kubota is where I am going).

Pros: None.
Cons: Plenty.

5.00 star(s)
j emerson

2605 Massey Ferguson
Jemerson
Model Year: 2012

This is my first new tractor. It runs very well. The controls are in the right places. The tractor has all the power that should be expected from this size tractor. I have used it for mowing and for blade work, so far, and it has been great. I had some problems with the dealer. The tractor was not serviced out when I bought it and I had to take it back and I have been waiting for the loader I paid for for a month and the dealer has not been helpful, but that is not any fault of the tractor's. The tractor is all I expected it to be.

Pros: Plenty of power. Good control placement. Great handling.
Cons: Poor dealer service.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2605 Massey Ferguson
Good Tractor

Good tractor for the money. Has done everything i wanted it to do so far. The dealer was great, I delt with. For a 40 HP tractor I would recommend anyone to purchase. You can't beat the price.

Pros: Controls are close, open station, and strong for it's size.
Cons: So far none.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2605 Massey Ferguson
Great Utility Tractor

Great utility tractor does all the jobs I have done with it very well. Mowing, plowing, disking and bush hogging. It was a blast during super storm sandy in 44 inches of wet heavy snow.

Pros: Nice size tractor.
Cons: Some gear whine.

5.00 star(s)
cmore

2605 Massey Ferguson
MF 2605 4x4 w/FEL

Have had the tractor for over a year but not many hours on it. So far so good. Traded in a MF 135 for it.

Pros: Size, weight, front end loader specs & price.
Cons: The hood is hard to raise and after stopping engine have to remember to turn off key.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2605 Massey Ferguson
MF2605

The MF2605 is a very good utility tractor. The tractor is very reliable and has plenty of power for a tractor with approx.40 hp. The only problem that I have had is sub standard hoses. The hoses on the tractor have cracks, but to date none have leaked. Overall, a very good value for you tractor dollar. This tractor is the largest tractor we have on our Christmas tree farm.

Pros: Reliable, good fit/finish, good value, good utility tractor
Cons: Hoses are showing cracks (no leaks).

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2605 Massey Ferguson
Workmanship

Tractor has only 150 hours. Had to work on hydraulic steering, rebuild alternator, and now tractor is in the shop for drivetrain problems. It is not running.

Pros: Good price.
Cons: Poor workmanship.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2605 Massey Ferguson
Great Little Tractor

This tractor replaced an old Oliver 550 for my wife. My wife uses it for mowing but I use it for plowing, disking, tilling, etc. it works great and sips diesel. I could not be happier with a tractor. It starts very easy and has plenty of power for what we use it for. My wife loves it. The only issue I have is the drum brakes but I knew that when I bought it. Best value of the small utility. I looked at John Deere 5045, and the NH Workmaster 45. I opted for the MF due to weight and sheet metal. Strong tractor.

Pros: Good low RPM power, sips fuel.
Cons: Drum brake.

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson 2605 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson 2605s

Massey Ferguson 2605 Community Rankings

#526 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#223 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1338 user rating of 27027 items overall
#754 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall