Massey Ferguson MF254 4.50 star(s) (2)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson MF254.
25-50 HP Tractors

About the Massey Ferguson MF254

Massey Ferguson MF254 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent MF254 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (2)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson MF254 Subcompact Tractor
50 %
50 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
aland802

MF254 Massey Ferguson
Good Value in an Older Tractor
Model Year: 1986

The Massey Ferguson 254. I recently purchased is one of 4 tractors that I currently own. It is the 2nd largest and at about 50hp is the 2nd most powerful. I find it to be sized right for bucket chores and all of my square bale haymaking equipment including mowing, raking, tedding, and baling, pulling the baler with a kicker and hay wagon. The four wheel drive is a real plus on this tractor and it seems to have more useable power than the new utility tractors with the same or even up to 65 hp ratings. The 2 auxillary hydraulics have plenty of power for all of the implements. I have a Kelly 8' backhoe that it handles very well. I'm glad that I bought this older well built tractor instead of a new modle of inferior quality.

Pros: Size and strength of drive components.
Cons: Driving position comfort, ease of shifting and appearance.

5.00 star(s)
tebrandon

MF254 Massey Ferguson
Love my 254 Massey
Model Year: 1987

I have purchased a 254 Massey Ferguson utility tractor after a lot of searching. This tractor has 4 wheel drive and a heavy duty Allied FEL. I find this tractor very easy to operate---my wife was driving it around the farm after a few lessons. Starts easy, the 3 cylinder 50hp Perkins diesel engine is powerful yet very easy on gas. This tractor has 12 gears ahead including crawl speed gear, powerful 3ph, my tires are all loaded, came with ROPS.

Pros: Easy to operate, easy on gas, parts easily accessible, powerful for size, no real power limitations for 80 acre farm, 4wheel drive, live hydraulics at rear.
Cons: Clutch safety switch very unprotected and if wire comes off tractor does not start (fixed); would prefer exhaust under the tractor rather than in your face; air breather on hood is metal and plastic & plastic breaks easily; steel hydraulic hose runs beside placement of right foot and can burn when hot; driver area could be redesigned for more room and efficiency; fenders could be wider because my yellow lab demands to sit on the right fender whenever I start up the tractor (LOL!).

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson MF254 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson MF254s

Massey Ferguson MF254 Community Rankings

#395 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1008 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#999 user rating of 27027 items overall
#3413 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall