Yanmar F15D 4.00 star(s) (2)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Yanmar F15D.
Under 25 HP Tractors

About the Yanmar F15D

Yanmar F15D Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent F15D topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (2)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Yanmar F15D Subcompact Tractor
0 %
100 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
4.00 star(s)
ptpaulie

F15D Yanmar
Old F15D
Model Year: 1979

Just bought this tractor and it seems to do everything I ask of it. It's a 17HP, 4X4, 3 cyl, with front loader and box scraper.

Pros: Small size with power
Cons: Manual shift and not hydrostatic

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
geoexchange

F15D Yanmar
Nice Little Tractor: Don't Expect Too Much!
Model Year: 0

This is a nice little tractor. It runs great, looks nice, and would be easy for a novice to operate. Has lots of power for it's size, and the all-wheel-drive mode makes you work hard to get it stuck. It sips fuel, and always starts right up. Winter does need a heated garage or block heater (below 30 degrees, it won't start without). Stock wheels and tires give it a rather "tippy" feeling. ROPS is highly recommended, and it certainly does not feel stable on even slightly uneven terrain. Updated tires/rims cost more than the tractor. Loader is extremely slow (which is why I sold it) and there is no power steering. Someone of slight build will have issues with this. I purchased it to clean out an old bank barn with low ceilings. It did the job, but VERY slowly. It's really too small for mowing, and implements (like a tiller) are very expensive if you can find them. One of the biggest problems is trying to lift/haul/power more than it is designed for which can be dangerous. The 3-point is a little narrow for some implements. The seals on the front hubs are easy and cheap to change, but wear out quickly. Overall, this is not much more than a lawn mower without a mower. Not big enough to do small farm work, too big to mow your yard (and belly mowers for this are as common as unicorns). However, if you need a very small tractor and have lots of time, it is a solid, reliable machine; and parts are not too hard to find. Just don't expect much. I sold it for a bigger tractor, which is what you will do eventually.

Pros: Runs great, very small.
Cons: Unstable on slopes, very small, under-powered, slow FEL speed.

[ad placeholder]

Yanmar F15D Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Yanmar F15Ds

Yanmar F15D Community Rankings

#196 user rating of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#179 Viewed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#14 discussed of 731 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#1380 user rating of 27027 items overall
#1548 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall