Clearing job

/ Clearing job #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
Clearing 54 acres and breaking as we go all split and sold as firewood.

Last edited:
   / Clearing job #3  
What does cord of wood cost in your area?

/ Clearing job
Why the clearing job?

Mainly because it holds deep snow in the winter and then in the spring holds on to it and makes the land around it wet meaning that we often have to leave a strip not planted plus it was an awkward shape to get machinery around.

/ Clearing job
   / Clearing job #6  
I sell the split poplar for $140 a cord

I can't even GIVE mine away!! :( Nobody around here will burn poplar (Aspen) - they all want Spruce or Birch.

Spruce is $150/cord - split in this part of Alaska. Birch - if you can get it - is over $200.

You guys do real nice work... from the root wads in the air - looks like SOMEBODY has an excavator! :D

Thanks for the pics. How long have you been working on that parcel?

AKfish

/ Clearing job
The majority is poplar but there is a bit of maple ,oak,ash, birch that i put to one side and sell for $180 a cord. We only clear when farming gives us time which probably does'nt add up to a few weeks per year so we've been on this piece for 3 years.
No excavator ..just the old D7 , backhoe for picking around difficult ones or sheared off stumps and tractors..!

/ Clearing job
Finnishing off a piece ready to work in the spring..!

/ Clearing job #9  
Brrrr. This reminds me of those crazy ice road crews. An open cab and it's a mere what -5 C with a slight breeze? :p

/ Clearing job #10  
The chances are very good that the fan is blowing hot air back. A couple of pieces of tarp would make the operator seat very comfortable.:D