Buying Advice L5030 To Buy or Not to Buy

/ L5030 To Buy or Not to Buy #11  
Yep, extra weight on box blade is what I do... I add about 500 lbs at VERY REAR of box blade. This makes the blade really work, not bounce on the surface. Also is critical to have this amount of weight when picking up heaping FEL bucket of heavy material. So, these weights do double duty. The tractor mechanically and hydraulically will do a huge amount of work but the only safe way is to keep weight balanced near center of tractor. If you get a "rocking chair" motion as you go along, weight isn't balanced.... likely more rear weight needed. I could not believe how much more stable and safer it felt with the extra 500 lbs on the box blade.

Relief valve test requires hydraulic pressure gauge.... dealer did test and added shim (washer) for$35 as I recall.

/ L5030 To Buy or Not to Buy
Also look into rim guard for your rear tires. I got both mine filled on my M-7040 for $425

Thanks, they are already filled, but I didn't ask if it was calcium or Rimguard. The tractor is an 03, so it may be too late to prevent rusting if it is calcium. If/when I have to replace the wheels, I will go with something that is not inclined to rust.

/ L5030 To Buy or Not to Buy #15  
How interesting! I too am about to be a new 5030 cab owner.

I was called by my Kubota dealer - he knows I am in the hunt for a replacement to my BX2200 sub-compact. When I saw his 2003 L5030 HSTC immaculate machine with 188 hours I knew it would not last. The only thing that gave me pause was the Woods FEL instead of the more common Kubota 853. The bucket has a skid-steer quick attach. Sales guy says they sold Woods implements for years and had no problems, and this FEL matches the specs of the 853. I,m trying to talk dealer into throwing in a box blade with scarifiers.

I put a down payment and have it under contract. I'll be at the credit union Monday to see what they can do for me. I'll post photos when / if we close the deal and it arrives - I am really anxious to get after some long overdue earth moving that my BX2200 could only dream about.

/ L5030 To Buy or Not to Buy #16  
JJ, I think you will love it... extremely low hours for that tractor...it's same as new except for age of hydraulic hoses and tires... if shed kept, should also be almost new... let us know how it goes..:thumbsup:

and, welcome to TBN...

I can't wait to get mine delivered even though it is too muddy to do anything other than look at it. I am now shopping for a new back blade and box blade; seems as though one purchase just leads to more.

John and JJ messages sent.

/ L5030 To Buy or Not to Buy #18  
I can't wait to get mine delivered even though it is too muddy to do anything other than look at it. I am now shopping for a new back blade and box blade; seems as though one purchase just leads to more.

John and JJ messages sent.

I know what you mean, my M7040 and other equipment is parked because of mud.

We had 80" of snow and just got another 4" rain this weekend. I think we're gonna have mud until June.

I know what you mean, my M7040 and other equipment is parked because of mud.

We had 80" of snow and just got another 4" rain this weekend. I think we're gonna have mud until June.

Man, I thought we had it bad. A few days of dry weather and we should be good to go. We have a dozer borrowed to finish up some dirt work to do before the spring rains and have one tractor we can't even get to.

That M7040 sure is a nice tractor.