Athens Plow Identification and Set Up

/ Athens Plow Identification and Set Up #1  

deere5105

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 John Deere 5303 MFWD
Attached are pictures of an old plow I pulled out of the bushers and briars recently. I have found etched on the frame "Athens Plow Company, Anthens, TN, Taylor Pat's, 1923-1931". This is my late grandfather's old plow. I am interested in the official name of this type plow and it's intended uses and set up tips.

Attachments

• Athens Plow #1.jpg
    Athens Plow #1.jpg
    841.9 KB · Views: 626
  • Athens Plow #2.jpg
    Athens Plow #2.jpg
    757 KB · Views: 1,451
  • Athens Plow #3.jpg
    Athens Plow #3.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 713
  • Athens Plow #4.jpg
    Athens Plow #4.jpg
    910.5 KB · Views: 393
   / Athens Plow Identification and Set Up #2  
That company still around.Did you try contacting them and sending pics ?

Boone
Athens Plow Company

/ Athens Plow Identification and Set Up
That company still around.Did you try contacting them and sending pics ?

Boone
Athens Plow Company

I did. Received a response this morning that it is a "Athens Direct Connected Disc Plow". Stated they would mail me an Operators Manual. That was quite a bit more than I expected. They were not set up to email information so I will have to wait until it comes in to get more information.

/ Athens Plow Identification and Set Up #4  
I did. Received a response this morning that it is a "Athens Direct Connected Disc Plow". Stated they would mail me an Operators Manual. That was quite a bit more than I expected. They were not set up to email information so I will have to wait until it comes in to get more information.

Awesome :thumbsup: !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Athens makes kick azz,quality stuff IMHO. Pricey but it will out live most of us.

Boone

/ Athens Plow Identification and Set Up #5  
Hello deere5105,
i mailed you late last year about the old athens plow, you said you probably had the info that the company sent you on the old unit. I could sure use that info if you've had any luck finding it.

when your able my e mail is: wtrue174@verizon.net
thanks in advance for the help..