Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #21  
Recently the opening pop-up asking visitors to join TBN shows a new picture of a happy couple on 60+ year old Ford tractor. The steering on these old machines was hard and by now most of them steer REALLY hard and the smiling face on the woman at the wheel is completely unbelievable. So is her two-fisted tight grip on the wheel.?

depends on the specific machine. For instance.. on an 8n.. if the top and bottom thrust bearings are new, renewed, or in good adjustment, and the worm gear and ballnut are in good condition, and the box is full of lube... the N steer just fine. I probably have 20 fords in my barn.. 3 have power steering. the rest are manual.. none steer hard... because I rebuilt their steering boxes and / or properly adjust and maintain them.

and it's not just fords.. I have red ones, green ones, orange ones.. etc. all steer fine, manual steering.. well maintained and lubricated stering boxes.

Advertisers and PR people often ruin their credibility by showing how little they really understand their subject - but THIS on TBN? Really?

same could be said of those who complain about a vauge topic with no specific knowledge of the particular machine at hand. eh?

soundguy

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #23  
How can I get rid of this stupid popup for good. It appears each time I visit a new page. This is rediculous. It needs to be done away with.

When you are logged in, there are no pop-ups. Ever.

When you are not logged in, the pop-up appears once every 3 days to remind users to either log in or sign up if they haven't already.

If it's appearing more frequently than that, you should clear your cookies as it might be an old version of the cookie loading it too often. It should not be showing every page.

If you have cookies disabled, then you will likely run into the pop-up more frequently.

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #25  
Which opens another whole can of worms. :confused2:

Even with Firefox, I'd rather browse the forum as a visitor.

why? as a visitor?

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #26  
When I'm signed in, the forum software seems to think it knows where I left off on a multi page thread. More times then not, it's wrong.

To me, it's the most annoying feature.

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #27  
yep.. it never gets it right for me either.. :)

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #28  
Oh my, I fired up IE just to take a look at what you guys are seeing.

Almost had to put my welding helmet on to stop the flashy blindness.

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #29  
I won't be back until the popup is gone. It is unneeded and bothersome. I don't want to have to log in each time I visit and I don't want to see the popup on each page every time I browse. Sorry, but I can't use firefox because it is incompatible with my schools blackboard learning system. I have cookies enabled and I just cleared them yesterday and still have the same results. Smart business would be to do away with the popup; however, if the popup doesn't disappear then I will.

/ Opening Pop-Up is Not Believable #30  
I won't be back until the popup is gone. It is unneeded and bothersome. I don't want to have to log in each time I visit and I don't want to see the popup on each page every time I browse. Sorry, but I can't use firefox because it is incompatible with my schools blackboard learning system. I have cookies enabled and I just cleared them yesterday and still have the same results. Smart business would be to do away with the popup; however, if the popup doesn't disappear then I will.

So you're saying it shows every time a page loads?