Caught an Intruder

/ Caught an Intruder #181  
I knew that someone would come along and try to "change my mind" so I'll reiterate that I'm only looking for technological solutions to my security problems. I like dogs as well as the next person, but dog discussions get a little too "opinionated" to be of any real use to my immediate needs.

Oh, and to answer your question... I do have provisions to deal with an intruder is noone is home, I just prefer to not say what they are.

Not trying to change your mind or tell you what to do. Yes I'm very "opinionated" on the breed of dog I have but don't discount adding dogs to your overall protection system.

/ Caught an Intruder #184  
Good, both that he has not returned, and that you've upgraded and are ready. Be safe, hammer his @@@ if you catch him (figuratively speaking of course ! :D)

Rich

/ Caught an Intruder #185  
At this point, setting up an effective perimeter defense line is my primary concern

When I start to feel like I need a "perimeter defense" I'll put up a for sale sign.

/ Caught an Intruder #186  
At this point, setting up an effective perimeter defense line is my primary concern

When I start to feel like I need a "perimeter defense" I'll put up a for sale sign.

it seems standing your ground is not an option for you!

/ Caught an Intruder #188  
No sign of MasseyWV for a bit. Intruder return or just busier than a one armed paper hanger?
He's probably busy working on that prize tractor of his. He did say it was going to be a winter project.

/ Caught an Intruder #189  
Hope so. I really enjoy his thread. His attention to detail is amazing so if you're checking in Massey, I hope all is well.

/ Caught an Intruder #190  
JD435Bill said:
You have some good advise there. The only thing that I may have done different was to fire off a couple of shotgun blasts up in the air. I'm sure he would have heard them and it may have just sent the right message.

Bill

That is 100% illegal. Warning shots are never allowed. Now it is a very good possibility that nothing will come of the shots, but if the individual wants to come back with the police and lie about his actions, " he is a potential criminal, so telling a lie is not out of the question." you could be on the hook for something when you did nothing wrong. Officer, I was just walking through the woods and this maniac shot at me for no reason, while you have a shotgun with gun powder residue on it. Not looking good for you.

Besides now all you are doing is telling the potential "perp" you are armed and they need to come prepared.