International 14 side hay rake

/ International 14 side hay rake #1  

francessca135

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
International hay rake 14 spring and parts.jpginternational hay rake 14.jpg

Need Help with a part number and/or name of part to order asap

International 14 side hay rake.

The spring engage lock mechanism and plates seem to have seen their last days.
Do not have manual as it was bought some 6 years ago from neighbors hay field and has worked beautifully for that long.

Need to cut timothy field that is about waste high prior to hubby being deployed for 4 mths starting mid june..

Pics attached.

Hope all are well!!

Thanks francessca 135

/ International 14 side hay rake #2  
Can't help with a part number but is there a dealer or parts store nearby that is knowledgeable enough to go off those pictures?

/ International 14 side hay rake #3  
IH parts diagrams are available for viewing online. Simply type in "14 rake" in the search menu for parts diagrams and you should find what you want (or copy paste my link below).

Here is a link to Messicks site, but your local Case IH dealer should be able to help you too.

http://www.messicks.com/CAS/55213.aspx

you may have to copy and paste this into your browser.

/ International 14 side hay rake #4  
Here is a link that may help you:Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Parts Search and Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

It is a parts diagram of your model 14 rake.

Click on an item in the menu when the page appears. It will show an exploded view of the component, and to the right, part description, and part number.

To see if the part is still available, and the price, copy the part number, and paste in the part number slot when you go to Messick's:Messick's | Dealer for New Holland, Case IH, Kubota, Cub Cadet and More | Online Parts, Sales & Service. Put your cursor on "Parts Diagram" at the top left menu in gray. A list of equipment brands they sell will appear. Click on "Case IH'. On the next page that appears, you should see a slot to paste your part number.

Hope this helps..!!

/ International 14 side hay rake
Thank you for responding. I will do that. I either always carry a photo or bring the entire part and place it on the counter. I think the guys behind the counter always run away when they see me coming in..haha Thank You!

Thank you for responding, I got confused with Case purchasing IH. I printed out the axle and wheel manual and will call our IH guy today. He knows me by my voice I think because I always speak with such panic..Have a great Day and Thank You again.

/ International 14 side hay rake #7  
Good Day everyone, To update on the IH 14 side rake. $279.00 for one part..the clutch sprocket drive. The other four parts are NO LONGER available even in the warehouse of lost toys..I mean left over parts. Our plan, since we only move from one hay 16 acre field to the other 18 acre field is to PERMANENTLY weld the clutch system into working mode. Thank you all again for your advice. It really helped us in a pinch.

/ International 14 side hay rake #9  
Good Day everyone, To update on the IH 14 side rake. $279.00 for one part..the clutch sprocket drive. The other four parts are NO LONGER available even in the warehouse of lost toys..I mean left over parts. Our plan, since we only move from one hay 16 acre field to the other 18 acre field is to PERMANENTLY weld the clutch system into working mode. Thank you all again for your advice. It really helped us in a pinch.

Can not say I blame you for your fix plan. I run even more ancient junk and my repairs often involve welding as it simply is not cost effective to buy some parts. Since my junk is even older almost everything is NOT available -LOL. That said, when I have time I do try to use welding to build up worn parts and then grind to shape so it operates as originally designed. Sometimes I will alter the design slightly too and even improve on a weak point (I enjoy back yard engineering with primitive tools as a hobby when time permits). Of course when time is short you do what you have to do so I understand that as well. I would simply recommend trying to strategically place your welds such that they could easily be ground off if you desire later so that an alternative fix could be implemented if you chose to go that route. It would at least give you options.

/ International 14 side hay rake #10  
I've had good luck getting used parts from Fry's Machinery Fry's Machinery, Inc. I'm in Western Washington and parts have all shipped UPS with no problem. They have been pretty quick about locating if they have the part and also sending it.