How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video)

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #31  
You are also fortunate that the posts appear to be imbedded in a sandy loam type of soil. If it had been clay it might have been a lot bigger problem pulling the posts out.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #32  
[h=1]Truss Head Construction Lag Star Drive[/h]
5JUR4_AS01.JPGbronze-feat.jpg cement-board-screw-feat.jpg

Pictures from Google Image Search.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #33  
   / How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #34  
I use a brush grubber hanging off my three point hitch (hitch mounted with a combo tow bar and skid plate has a chain hook, but any heavy duty implement would suffice). Back up next to post stump, get the grubber jaws around it, attach chain to hitch, and raise up! Takes about 30 seconds per post.

s219 - can you post up a pic of that setup? I have a brush grubber that I just use a chain on and pull with. I'd like to see how you're using yours. THANKS!

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #35  
Xfaxman, the six photos of the double receiver hitch mounted to the TPH: Where/how did you obtain that attachment? Looks awesome.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #36  
   / How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #37  
Thank you, gonna check that out right away. This will be my first SCUT. Have learned a lot reading the forum threads. Really appreciate the time folks spend here, problem solving, sharing first hand knowledge. Invaluable for a beginner like me.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #38  
I used to like those, but had the head snap off of two last week!

Really?! I'd like to see those- not saying it's not possible, were you using an Indy 500 lug nut wrench cranked up to a bazillion '#s?!:laughing::confused2:

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #39  
Really?! I'd like to see those- not saying it's not possible, were you using an Indy 500 lug nut wrench cranked up to a bazillion '#s?!:laughing::confused2:

Nope, just my Ryobi impact driver. I've driven thousands of deck screws and black-colored timber screws with it for a pier project, and nary a hiccup. I was pretty surprised when it popped the heads off two of the gold-colored ceramic coated screws!

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #40  
s219 - can you post up a pic of that setup? I have a brush grubber that I just use a chain on and pull with. I'd like to see how you're using yours. THANKS!

Sorry I missed this earlier. The skid/hitch attachment looks like this:

IMG_2290.jpg

I attach a chain to the hook on the skid/hitch attachment, and the other end goes to the brush grubber (short chain in that case). I can back over near posts, hook up the grubber jaws, and then use the 3-point to pop them up vertically out of the ground.