How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video)

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #41  
Nope, just my Ryobi impact driver. I've driven thousands of deck screws and black-colored timber screws with it for a pier project, and nary a hiccup. I was pretty surprised when it popped the heads off two of the gold-colored ceramic coated screws!

What brand screws? Curious, I've never been able to twist a head off one that I can recall....

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #42  
Sorry I missed this earlier. The skid/hitch attachment looks like this:

[ATTACH[/ATTACH]

I attach a chain to the hook on the skid/hitch attachment, and the other end goes to the brush grubber (short chain in that case). I can back over near posts, hook up the grubber jaws, and then use the 3-point to pop them up vertically out of the ground.

THANKS! I like that skid/hitch attachment. Did you make that?

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #43  
What brand screws? Curious, I've never been able to twist a head off one that I can recall....

I believe they were Hillman, but they came out of the bulk bins at Lowes so I cannot be sure.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #44  
THANKS! I like that skid/hitch attachment. Did you make that?

Got it on eBay -- when I was looking around a couple years ago, it was the best option for skidding logs and acting as a trailer hitch. Looks like they are still selling this design:

Heavy Duty Three Point Tractor Trailer Hitch | eBay

At the time, I remember them shipping quickly and packing it real good. I would buy the same one again if I needed to!

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #45  
This one is more versatile: omni-mfg | eBay

$_57.JPG

That is the style that I posted earlier.
P4270016.JPG P4270003.JPG

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #46  
   / How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #47  
This is much better than the above types for logs, and will still pull a trailer.

Log Skidding Plates

fxp20.jpg

Bruce

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #48  
I can't imagine that there is anything heavy enough that the Omni 3 pt hitch wouldn't handle, especially with a tractor no bigger than most of us have.....just my opinion however....not unless there something that I'm missing here.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #49