KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #41  
Do you hear the fan running when it is hot?? Not just boiling, but when it is hot? If there were an intermittent failure of the electrical connection to the fan, then it would run OK for a while, then disconnect when hitting a bump...leading to quick over heating...Just suggesting that all connections to fan and temp sensor be checked to make sure they are very secure. Just a thought.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #42  
Yes dealer did that. yes fan comes on soon after starting. Dealer did an electrical test on fan sensor. Then replaced sensor and thermostat,

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #43  
Yes dealer did that. yes fan comes on soon after starting. Dealer did an electrical test on fan sensor. Then replaced sensor and thermostat,

The fan comes on at startup regardless if the fan sensor is good or not, the fan is controlled by a relay the sensor kicks on. I had a boil over when new because the fan sensor was bad. You need to verify fan is operational during use. I have a small sharpie dot on the dash screen over temp guage where the needle gets to when the fan sensor kicks. Your temp guage should never get to halfway mark.Wile using it and you see temp gauge high, simply turn off then restart and as the fan kicks on at startup you will see the needle drop quick. I had to do that until my sensor arrived, dealer mailed it to me under warranty.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #44  
Well we shall see next Tuesday as a Northern Rep is coming to see if he can resolve this issue. I dont care if he does,as thee engine is compromised from boiling over so may times. I will challenge them on the Lemon Law and the Magnuson Moss warranty act. This lemon is gonna be gone.
Even if I have to sue Kubota.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #45  
As I previously stated fan sensor and thermostat have been replaced . A good bet it is in the temp guage it provides optimum operating temp info to fan.
sometimes it never moves to hot even on boil over.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #46  
As a previous owner of an RTV 500, I'm a little confused by your reference to a defroster. Generally there is no HVAC in a 500 unless it was added on, a whole other issue at play. The only RTV's that have HVAC OEM stock are the 1100ish series. 16HP, that's pretty much the advertised HP no deception there. Not a RZR, well did you test drive it?

Me thinks there is another thing at foot here..maybe I'm wrong. There's also that whole thing about RTV500's being air-cooled--Just sayin'

The sort of OP post:

Wow what a big dissapointment. I bought a new 2014 RTV 500. Constant over heating problems. @ dealers cant fix it. Very weak power wise.
19 mph tops 16hp. Gets hot quickly.
I took it to the dealer and gave it back 70 hours total time.I told them the engine is compromised at this point. Boiled over a dozen times.
kubota generally have a great reputation. Lets see how they treat me on the buy back

Not air cooled....the RTV 400 is air cooled but the 500 is liquid and has been from the start as far as I recall.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #47  
Not air cooled....the RTV 400 is air cooled but the 500 is liquid and has been from the start as far as I recall.

Corrected that a few weeks ago.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #48  
The consumer protection statutes provide recourse in certain situations...

In California they are limited to personal use and not business... so as long as it is personal, the warranty is in force, all manufacturer's instructions followed, unit not abused and the Dealer/Manufacturer have had several unsuccessful repair attempts regarding a significant defect... you have a good prima facie case... in my State.

Remedy is limited to a buyback with use deduction or exchange....

You may also be able to request a refund of sales tax separately...

In the past... I have had manufacturers offer extended warranty at no charge... sometimes the consumer accepted... sometimes not.

Still remember a case where the car in question was granted a special 100k warranty... it caused a lot of potential issues because no other car in the country had this special warranty at the time... after, the manufacturer said it would have simply been better to offer a buyback due to logistics of tracking this one unique warranty...

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #49  
The consumer protection statutes provide recourse in certain situations...

In California they are limited to personal use and not business... so as long as it is personal, the warranty is in force, all manufacturer's instructions followed, unit not abused and the Dealer/Manufacturer have had several unsuccessful repair attempts regarding a significant defect... you have a good prima facie case... in my State.

Remedy is limited to a buyback with use deduction or exchange....

You may also be able to request a refund of sales tax separately...

In the past... I have had manufacturers offer extended warranty at no charge... sometimes the consumer accepted... sometimes not.

Still remember a case where the car in question was granted a special 100k warranty... it caused a lot of potential issues because no other car in the country had this special warranty at the time... after, the manufacturer said it would have simply been better to offer a buyback due to logistics of tracking this one unique warranty...

I just wonder if the "Lemon Laws" apply to off road vehicles. I was under the impression that the law was primarily focused on cars/trucks.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #50  
I don't know about Michigan... although the Magnuson Moss is Federal...

Magnuson

In California the statute is Song Beverly and it applies to a wide range of devices... even hearing aids...

CA Codes (civ:1792-1795.8)