New PT1430 arrived.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #51  
According to Char-Lynn, motors need about 10 hours at half pressure to 'seat' the seals. YMMV. It would seem reasonable that the process might take a little longer out in the cold of winter, but what do I know?

All the best,

Peter

/ New PT1430 arrived. #52  
Good to know (even if we do not have Char-Lynn motors?)...

Mine are leaking enough with the engine shutoff that I suspect worse when under pressure and moving... I'll probably pull the wheels anyway to satisfy my curiosity, and then put them back on to see how bad the leakage is under operation.

Welcome! I didn't realize that 1430s came with tilt seats!
Peter

Yeah... Noticed that too. I'll be posting a few questions later in a separate thread about some discrepancies on the instrument cluster...

Cheers,

/ New PT1430 arrived.
Good to know (even if we do not have Char-Lynn motors?)...

Mine are leaking enough with the engine shutoff that I suspect worse when under pressure and moving... I'll probably pull the wheels anyway to satisfy my curiosity, and then put them back on to see how bad the leakage is under operation.

Yeah... Noticed that too. I'll be posting a few questions later in a separate thread about some discrepancies on the instrument cluster...

Cheers,

The 1430 uses the same instrument panel as the tsm class. the seat tilt switch is not connected to anything so you have a spare switch to use for something else. By the way, you might want to check that the hydraulic radiator is mounted securely to the hood. mine fell off and landed on top of the engine.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #54  
Thanks RegL; I'll double-check the rad; it seems secure...

Didn't get around to taking the wheels off; heard back from PT/Terry to use it as it was meant and call back if the leakage is still there after 10hrs. on the clock. So, that's what I'll do.

I pulled the console covers to see if my Seat Tilt switch is connected. Mine has two yellow wires on one post, and an orange with black tracer on the other post. I haven't tried to see if the switch does anything yet, but I'm wondering if it's not pre-wired for an accessory (left-most position of the key).

Ciao,

/ New PT1430 arrived. #55  
When the brush hog arrived, the front casters were wrapped (like Saran Wrap). Low and behold, taking the wrap off revealed Flat-Free tires!! :)

/ New PT1430 arrived. #56  
Happy mowing!...in February, in Canada...:)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Merry Christmas.

Peter

/ New PT1430 arrived. #57  
When the brush hog arrived, the front casters were wrapped (like Saran Wrap). Low and behold, taking the wrap off revealed Flat-Free tires!! :)

That's what they should have been putting on everything since day one! Good for you. :thumbsup:

/ New PT1430 arrived. #59  
IMGP4879.jpg

My new hedge trimmer... ;)

I also got two buckets, brush hog, blade, tow adapter, and three plate adapters.

Non-PT implements coming: minihoe, skeleton grapple bucket, and forks.

Cheers,