The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #601  
I sure think that works.
Don't forget, both tractors need hydraulics (costs as much as a cheap grapple).
So, it might make sense to just get a grapple for one tractor (and pallet forks for the other?).
I'm sure I will find other uses for the hydraulics. The little tractor is REALLY useful getting through the woods on narrow trails. Plus I've got clamp on pallet forks from Titan for both

Tractor 5500, from the JD specs for the loader 1500, 1000 for boxblade, then the loaded rear r4s and cab I'd say I'm pretty close. Going off salesman. Even at 8500 lbs it still a compacts grapple on a utility tractor and its holding up good so far. Next time I'm loaded I'll run across the scales for you

Brett
The reason I was wondering is because when I haul my M4700 I try to "squeeze" extra stuff on the trailer but I don't have any scales handy to weigh the total package . When I read your post I thought you meant the tractor weighed 9,500 PLUS you had a box blade. It got me to wondering if my calculations for my M4700 were wrong.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #602  
Regarding the JD third function lines: doesn't matter what they are because you can fit any size quick disconnects you want with adapters.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #603  
There are several of our Wicked Grapples out there on skid steers with no damage reported, but we really do not recommend it.
We'll be working on our new, heavier Wicked Grapple for utility tractors in the next few weeks. It will be more suitable for a skid steer.

Ted plans to keep it at or below 600 pounds, which is MUCH more manageable than many of the 700-800 pound+ steel anchors currently on the market!
Travis

Increasing the opening more than 37" too?

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

Yes, since the compact geometry will not be crucial like it is with the compact models, the tines will be extended forward more. This will definitely create a larger opening.

It's not going to be normal, you know.....we promise it'll be WICKED!!

I plan to share the step by step build process like I did with the Wicked original. :thumbsup:
Travis

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #605  
I should have done this in the first place. I took the female quick connect off and it is a Faster NV 14-38 SAE F. The Faster web site indicates that this is a 1/4" Ag quick connect with a 9/16 thread. I don't believe that 1/4" is large enough (Travis told me in one conversation that they didn't use 1/4") The Faster web site catalog does show a NV 38-38 SAE F which is a 3/8" Ag quick connect with a 9/16 thread. It looks to me that this should screw onto the end of my present oil line. I found a site with conversions and the Parker equivalent of the NV 38-38 is a Parker 6608-6-6. Assuming that either of these will screw onto the oil line (and I configure the grapple with 3/8" male ag tips) does this look like it will solve my problem? thanks for your help (and patience)

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #606  
I should have done this in the first place. I took the female quick connect off and it is a Faster NV 14-38 SAE F. The Faster web site indicates that this is a 1/4" Ag quick connect with a 9/16 thread. I don't believe that 1/4" is large enough (Travis told me in one conversation that they didn't use 1/4") The Faster web site catalog does show a NV 38-38 SAE F which is a 3/8" Ag quick connect with a 9/16 thread. It looks to me that this should screw onto the end of my present oil line. I found a site with conversions and the Parker equivalent of the NV 38-38 is a Parker 6608-6-6. Assuming that either of these will screw onto the oil line (and I configure the grapple with 3/8" male ag tips) does this look like it will solve my problem? thanks for your help (and patience)

Actually 1/4" might be fine for a grapple. 3/8" is more than enough. 1/2" is grossly excessive and I believe is used commonly only because skid steers have high output needs that don't apply to CUTs.

For reference, here is a detailed list of the couplers that our grapples can be equipped with:
Hydraulic Coupler Options for Everything Attachments Grapples | Everything Attachments Blog

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #608  
Ok. I think I have found the part I need. There is a 9/16-18 UNF thread in the Faster 1/4" quick connect that JD uses in the 3rd function kit for the H180. The most cost effective "fix" is a Parker 3/8-6 FHG5-S SAE Adapter 3/8 NPTF Male X 9/16-18 UNF Female. I should be able to use any 3/8" quick connect with a female 3/8" pipe thread. I'd rather not use an adapter but I can't find any place to order the Faster 3/8 quick connect with the 9/16-18 UNF female. I know they make it but I can't find anywhere in the USA that carries it.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #609  

Yes, since the compact geometry will not be crucial like it is with the compact models, the tines will be extended forward more. This will definitely create a larger opening.

It's not going to be normal, you know.....we promise it'll be WICKED!!

I plan to share the step by step build process like I did with the Wicked original. :thumbsup:
Travis
Will it open wider than mine?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Loflin MG.jpg
    Loflin MG.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 911
  • P4110003.JPG
    P4110003.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 844
  • P4110007.JPG
    P4110007.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 844
Will it open wider than mine?

I said Wicked, not outlandish freak of nature!! :laughing: I kid.

It probably won't be very far from it though.

Travis