Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,921  
I took that to mean they had the ratchet inside... accessible from the driver seat.

Yes indeed.. inside the car. just securing with the rack the stuff is still not tight to the roof and floats. Also I get allot of wind resistance which makes the moaning noise at over 45 miles an hour. So I try to arrange the straps so they are tight to the roof line/

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,922  
I took that to mean they had the ratchet inside... accessible from the driver seat.

Yes indeed.. inside the car. just securing with the rack the stuff is still not tight to the roof and floats. Also I get allot of wind resistance which makes the moaning noise at over 45 miles an hour. So I try to arrange the straps so they are tight to the roof line/

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,923  
Also I get allot of wind resistance which makes the moaning noise at over 45 miles an hour.

Have you tried putting a half or full turn on either side of the load? A friend showed me that...straight flat straps catch the wind and flap, sometimes hard enough to tear them on boards with sharp corners. The twist seems to shed the wind and they stay rock stable. I've verified it by watching in the rear view mirror. Loads still settle and all that, but at least the wind isn't messing with them too.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,924  
This was my Y2K Corvette. Put a Draw-tite hitch on it to pull the boat and deliver hay. Had to keep the speed under 85 with the hay so all the leaves didn't get blowd off. Hay delivery trailer pic won't load.

When lauching the boat, pick a ramp that you don't have to back down real far. Otherwise, water comesi when you open the doors.

Attachments

• 00305128.jpg
    00305128.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 481
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,925  
He must have some heavy stuff inside the hatch because he sure is low in the backend. Unless of course he has a wimpy suspension on that Blazer. :confused2:

blazer? well it is a chevy. ;)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,926  
There was a warning that went around a few years ago about kids/gangers/aliens etc that would troll parking lots like HD or Lowes and marinas or bass pros and pull the receiver hitch pins out while the customer was inside.
I pretty well check mine now upon return to the truck.
Why? Just for amusement apparently.

tounge and pin ( and ball ) got stolen off my work truck here within the last month.

My personal vehicles, I use a locking pin.. work trucks just get a bent nail or whatever.. ;) that's what they get..

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,927  
I took these photos about 5 years ago at the Newport, Maine McDonalds parking lot, just off I-95.

IMG_0458 (Large).jpgIMG_0457 (Large).jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,928  
Yup, that ones begging for a patch. :)

Reminds me couple decades ago, buddy had a geo metro. It threw a tire on the interstate.. He kept it together and got pulled over somehow. It looked about like that, couple tire cords and most of a rim. I picked him up and drove to a tire store, attendant was facing the wall doing something and we set the rim on the counter and asked I he coil plug it, he turned around and about died laughing :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,929  
Yup, that ones begging for a patch. :)

Reminds me couple decades ago, buddy had a geo metro. It threw a tire on the interstate.. He kept it together and got pulled over somehow. It looked about like that, couple tire cords and most of a rim. I picked him up and drove to a tire store, attendant was facing the wall doing something and we set the rim on the counter and asked I he coil plug it, he turned around and about died laughing :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #2,930  
This was my Y2K Corvette. Put a Draw-tite hitch on it to pull the boat and deliver hay. Had to keep the speed under 85 with the hay so all the leaves didn't get blowd off. Hay delivery trailer pic won't load.

When lauching the boat, pick a ramp that you don't have to back down real far. Otherwise, water comesi when you open the doors.

Absolutely love this picture... I'm sure you get thumbs up.

I towed a tent trailer from the 1950's with a VW rabbit... towed great.

Also used just about anything to take the boat to the lake... the 57 Ford and even a Model A...

After an exhaustive search I simply could not find any manufacturer's tow rating for my 1930 Model A Ford Pickup...