Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.
Well i am in love again. First time in years. :laughing:
No it's not some female or even a girl dog. :D

Go my new ( old revolver ) & it is like new a real rare beauty. Had some very old 22 shorts. first 3 did not go bang. Next 1 really went bang & it was loud.
Shooting at a plastic mustard down low so the bullet could not go far.
For got to mention, its a single action, 9 shot revolver with an adjustable peep sight.
Maybe it was me but it hot a little high. Broke up the lid.
Should you be interested Google H&R mod. 999 Lots of pictures & videos.

More Later,
Jim.

Another day of total frustration.
But first a few happy thoughts & things.
Don't see much of the hummer, but there is an oriel looking bird that is after the sugar, some little birds are also drinking.
Made some ribs that came out fairly good & have a roast that came out pretty well. After killing the last 2 & turning them into dog food.
After almost $200 spent on tools, driving almost 200 miles. All for noting but frustration.
Could not find the video that I first watched on doing this job. But fund one similar.
Metric sockets do not work, must be sae, Nope they don't work either.
Get mirror & look down the hole, there is a C ring in there not a nut.
Video shows a special puller that screws into clutch. Not any kind of puller that most shops would have.
Look on line, yep there they are, as part of a complete kit with many things I will not need. Give or take a little $28 + shipping & tax.
Will also need C ring spreader pliers. Only another $23 + plus shipping.

Time for a beer & think this thing over. Order tools? Pay to have it done?

Come in house & try to look at email. It don't work. over 28 minutes on the phone. " The technical people are working on the problem.

Time for another beer.
Maybe tomorrow I take the tractor out in the 2/3 miles out in the desert & make some noise.

Showed old gun to a friend & soon he says how much do you want for it. Nope not for sale, even though I have 0 $$

Hope I have enough beer to last a little less than 2 weeks. :D

Did any of you look up the old gun on line?? What you think??

Beer 30, me gone.
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #513  
...Did any of you look up the old gun on line?? What you think??
neat little gun... I wouldn't sell it either. Good gun to have fun with...

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #515  
Yep, the gun looks neat.

As for the A/C compressor, I'm not sure how your truck is but on mine it is somewhat high so I can unbolt it and move it to where I can see the front of the pulley without removing hoses. Makes life much easier. I used a couple 2" bolts and a nut just under the pulley to push it off. One on each side and a big hose clamp to keep them from popping out, just turn each bolt a bit at a time while holding the nut. Pretty crude pic below but the red is the bolt with nut just under lip of pulley and tip against the compressor housing. The blue is the hose clamp to hold the bolt in place. Thinking about it, mine has a C ring too.

ac.JPG

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #516  
If you are replacing the clutch, just pry it off with 2 small prybars or large screwdrivers (after the circlip is off...) The new one will go on easy enough. You aren't trying to save the clutch after all. But whatever you do - SAVE THE SHIMS!!! You may not get any in the new kit (or wrong size) and you need to set the clutch gap within reason.

Thanks for the tip guys. Sure sounded like a good idea.
Early this am gave it a try. Even sharpened up a wrecking bar & gave it a try. No luck it would not budge.

Took new old pistol out in the desert & gave it a whirl. Paper plates in a bush & plastic bottle sitting under it.Don't ever call me the great white hunter. 2 Of the paper plates I hit twice, a little too the left. Didn't hit the other 1 at all. Plastic bottle I scared it pretty bad. Missed 3 times. Little gun empty back is telling me, time to go home. It was also getting hot by then. Yep a 9:30 AM. Have a beer & think about things. Well I am now enguaged. & Will be planning the wedding soon.

Dry Buffo grass goes for about 1/2 mile, if it caught fire it would be a real disaster. Don';t dare take the truck out there, could start it burning.

Riley ran beside the tractor all the way out, 2/3 miles. First 1 side then the other, hunting bunnies??? Got out there & she stayed real close. Noise did not bother her a bit. Leaving she hopped on tractor & rode for about 2/3 hundred feet. Then hopped off & back to hunting.

More later,
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #518  
Jim,
Wait......... what? Your engaged?
hugs, Brandi

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #519  
Look like this?

Last time I looked for one of those it was called the "Sportsman" and they (H&R) quit making them.
I bought a Ruger Mark II instead.

Tucson, AZ (8571) Forecast | Weather Underground

Fridays forecast calls for a high of 103F.
better get more beer...

999.jpg