Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.
Every now & then I get lucky. Usually bad luck. But not this time.

Had the burn barrel going (Actually my out door stove. ) Old barrel its made out of has rusted through in several places. A spark or ember started burning some dead Buffoi grass. Well let it burn, need to get rid of it anyway. Then the flames jumped into some Fox tail sage, man does that stuff burn.
Soon the fire is really roaring, Flames well over 2-' high, burned some high branches on a mesquite tree.

This has gone far enough, get hose & spray it down. Soon got it all out but 1 little flame not going any place. Went back to my beer & kept my eye on things.

Hear a back up alarm & soon a fire truck appears. Goes on by my place to Marvin's. Fire man & Bo are talking & Bo is pointing sort of at his place. Go to gate & they come to talk to me. Want to know if I saw a fire or smelled the some. Naturally I said NO. Later I said "I Know Nothing" as in Stalage 13. Bo points toward his place again.
Fire folks leave. Me glad. Can still smell it a little, but once they are in A/C cab &* windows up they gone.

Now I learn in Pima County, nothing can be burned outdoors. Never knew that & lots of folks around here have burn barrels.

Guess I either not do that or not burn anything that is going to make smoke.

More Later - Much later its Beer 30.
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #502  
Would it make it legal to set a chair nearby and have a marshmallow on a stick?

:)

Bruce

Well here goes mostly nothing.

Old saying For every rose there is a thorn. Not many roses lately, but sure a lot of thorns.

Bought new clutch for truck A/C. Even that didn't go well. First they said 10 or 11 am. then it was 1 or 2 pm. It was after 3 before I could pick it up.
Sort of strange a Mexican in line ahead of me when he got his change handed me a dollar. Tried to tell him to keep it. He could not speak English, & just walked away. ??
Hot miserable day, long ride home. Just wanted to get home, get cool & have a beer.

Early today went out to put on clutch. Now that was a real big thorn. Frustration & aggravation + +++
Loosen up compressor, its behind the fan shroud. Now loosen the drive belt. Nope that is not happening. Loosen almost every bolt on front of engine, Still could not loosen belt. Think about it look & try again. Another waste.2& 1/2 hours to accomplish NOTHING.

Have some old Motors Manuals 67 /68, thought they might give some kind of clue. Nope.
Drink some beer & think about it. I hate to buy a part & then have some mechanic install it. Got no choice as clutch can't be returned.

Bought a torque wrench & wobble drive extensions. Not needed now, but will need or use them in the future.

The fun never stops around here. But life goes on.

Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #504  
Look on youtube for a video, so many tips on there.

KubotainNH
Thank you for the tip. Found right video & it pretty much worked.

A Few small problems, made by me. Video kept saying MM & I didn't believe the old truck had metric ( Monkey Meter ) bolts on it.Me was wrong.
Got belt loose & almost off, then it came to me, IT does not have to come off, Well putting it back was more fun than I needed this am.
Tomorrow off to Harbor Fright & some pretty MM deep sockets.

Thanks again,
Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #506  
You're welcome. I replace the clutch and bearing on my jeep's compressor, getting the pulley off is a pain. The nut zipped off easily with an air gun.

You're welcome. I replace the clutch and bearing on my jeep's compressor, getting the pulley off is a pain. The nut zipped off easily with an air gun.

I just hope when this is all done the AC goes click, whir & makes cold air. Nervesthat wont. $300 so far not counting time wasted.
If it makes cold air I be a happy camper.

New subject.
Now have 2 or 3 sets of baby quail, 1 with about 9 & 1 o2 with 5.Appeared that there waw 1 with 5 & 2 parents & 1 with just a mother.
I have wondered where quail get there water. For the first time one came to the dish & drank. But only once.

Have two more dove baby's. Mixed feeling about that, way too many doves as is. White wings are here on there way north, hope they move on soon. Have pictures & put them on the computer, but they disappeared. will find them some day, maybe.

Tomorrow I will have a new ( Old pistol ) has been mine for over 20 years, maybe 30, loaned it to a friend. Cody was suppose to bring it here but never did.
Haven't seen it in so long not eve sure what it looks like.

One thing that I am truly sick & tired of is almost constant pain. Hope the VA comes through soon & at least gives me some pain pills that work. Hate to be cut on, but if needed will get it done. Some pain now & thin is OK, as long as it goes away after a little while.

Said too myself here a while back, pain is not going to stop me. Well it has sure slowed me down.

More that enough whining. But it will not stop me.:laughing:

Old story, if you wake up & nothing hurts, your dead. :D For sure I ain't dead.

Last funeral at Boot Hill in Tombstone.
Mom use to say he or she is so slow they will be late to there own funeral.

Well it happened. Grandad & I were there to represent the family & a few other that knew the old man.
On the way to his funeral the hearse blew out both rear tires & rolled down a bank. they had to get another 1 out of Bisbee & that took over an hour.

The old man was restoring & cleaning the cemetery. Should you ever go there, his grave is just out side the door of the gift shop.

Most popular marker.
Here lies Lester Moor
No Les
No Moore.

Don't think that many people know that down the hill is a grave yard for the Chinese.

More laterJim

Found the pictures of the dove nest.
nest pt 19  3 .jpg - nest pt 19 2.jpg - nest pt19 1.jpg

done for a while.

Jim

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #509  
Hi Jim... I have to admit... and hats off to you. Since beginning and following your thread, I have been slowing down and paying a little more attention to the wildlife actions and quirks around me. I don't know if the slowing down part is intentional but the paying attention part is. Keep posting! :thumbsup: