Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #491  
Why would you try to shoot a hawk?

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year.
Why would you try to shoot a hawk?

Think about it. At over 200 yards the chances of hitting anything with a revolver are about ZERO.
I was more surprised than my friend that I even came close.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #493  
Yeah, I hear ya, but what if you DID?

When I was maybe 11 or 12 I took a shot like that at a bird way up in a large tree with a BB pistol. Not really thinking except that maybe "no way to hit that". But I did. And must have hit its heart or a large artery since there was a clearly visible cloud of blood silhouetted against the sky.

Nearly made me sick at my thoughtless, pointless, and gruesome slaughter and nearly permanently soured me on ever hunting again.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #494  
....pointless, and gruesome slaughter and nearly permanently soured me on ever hunting again.
First off, it's not hunting if you don't eat it... it's just killing. Yea, I've done it and I'm not proud of it. The fact YOU did it and called out an another person for trying it... {leaving this part blank, you fill it in} You throwing the first stone???

PS. Love the stories, crash325, keep them coming...

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #495  
First off, it's not hunting if you don't eat it... it's just killing. Yea, I've done it and I'm not proud of it. The fact YOU did it and called out an another person for trying it... {leaving this part blank, you fill it in} You throwing the first stone???

He said he was 11 or 12 at the time. A little different situation.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #496  
I WAS throwing a stone. My apologies. Let's please return to your regularly scheduled thread.

A while back I told myself pain was not going to control my life. It has slowed me down, but I manage to blunder along.

Shiny new tires on the front of the tractor. A friend was going to help me get them on. Thought well, lets see how much I can get done without help. Took a while with pain breaks every now & then. But I managed to get both of them on, without help. 10 Ply, not 10 ply rated, actual 10 ply. Just a tad heavy. In an hour or 2 I will make sure the lug bolts are still tight.

1 Scary flight, a military version of the DC3 from Phoenix to San Diego. Going west out of El Centro there you start over the mountains. Real bad wind storm. The old plane was bouncing around, wings flexing. Pretty soon it was nose up, going down, then nose down going up. On 1 wing tip then the other. No problem made it through.

Some friends & I flew to Los Vegas, pilot was interment rated, but had been flying in South America for several year. About 1/3 of the way back the fuel gauge was showing the plane had used almost 1/2 its fuel. Told him that was a problem. He had forgotten to lean out the engine. Got to SD & it was fogged in solid. Could barley see the prop on the plane. An airliner came up through the fog real close to us. Control tower got us on radar & sent us into the fog. As we interred the fog hie went white & started sweating. Me thinks, am I going to have to clod cock him & fly this thing. But he hung in there, as we let down over La Jolla there was a hotel sticking up above us, way to close for comfort. "Worked out OK.

Had a lot of fun in the Navy, flew plain captain or second mech. My job was the fuel panel. Playing war games we were suppose to go single engine. Pilot & copilot, started going down the check list. Me thinks, if we really have to go single engine, there will be no time for a check list. they better know what they are doing. So I turned of the fuel to the right engine. Pilot gave me dirty look & then go busy doing what had to be done. He never said anything too me. That was a P5M1 sea plane, I use to say it would be better to fly the hanger & leave the plane home.

More later.

/ Bad Day at Block Rock - errrr - Make it Bad Year. #498  
Hi Crash,
As for your brakelight switch, You can get a fitting called a run Tee it will thread into our master cylinder and the other end your brake line will thread into then on the third leg you can put your pressure switch , they were used for years for trailer brake controlers. but no reason it wont work for a switch, it just needs pressure to activate it. will have to do a little adapting to get to 1/8 pipe, that shouldn't be a problem ,
most likely a RV place or brake shop should be able to help you with the fittings.
hope this helps.
Have a great day
Rich

Hi folks,
I'm sick & tired of being, sick & tired:D

I found the brake light pressure switch that screws into the master cylinder. 2003, F150 small engine. It must fit many others as it"S listed as universal.
Took about an hour of trying different models.

Just hope the rear tire on tractor is something simple, such as a nail. Then it can be plugged.

The Marvin & Sandy story has gone on being ridiculous. They are both nuts.
Him maybe even worse than her. He thinks that if someone uses your land for 7 years it becomes a right. Wrong & even if it were true, it would not apply to him. Only owned the place a few months. He is bailing out. After playing BIG SHOT, with him & her taking over the well. Sure was not a win for her. Now there is really no one to work on it. Serves them both right for being but holes.
He is on a rampage, going to sue both me & my sister, not quit sure for what. His mighty brain, the people started to cut across Sandy's place. He called them & told them to stop & told Sandy if they didn't stop call the police. When at the same time he wants to use my property FREE.

Even when they were using Sandy's place it would be difficult to get the old M/H's out. The helpers are not real bright, but even they know, with the easement as is it would be near impossible.

Says he is getting out because of all the nastiness. Now there was no love lost between Sandy & I were managed to get along most of the time. It got really nasty, when him & her took over the well & run things their own way, any one else be dammed. He went on cussing , ranting & cussing me out. I said you claim to be a Christian, He reply's, just because I'm a Christian does not mean I can be pushed around. Him & Sandy are the ones pushing people around. He went right back too cussing me out & calling me some not very :laughing: nice names.

More Later - With fun & or silly stories.
Jim

While you are resting, read my story on Fixing rear tire.

I'm now a proud parent. Have some baby quail. First ones seen this year. Good chance the hawk & road runner is keeping them away.

A little more on shooting. Don"t claim to be a good shot. ( Just lucy at times. ) Friend Dart fixing front tire on tractor. He has a nice 22Cal on a 1911 45 frame. He points to a can about 50' away & fires 3 times & does not even scare the can. Hands me the gun & says you try. First time I have ever seen the gun. 1 shot & that can is dead. Hand gun back & say nice gun.

More later
Jim