Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available?

/ Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available? #11  
Re: Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercially available?

Anyone know if angle iron like this with holes in it is available? It's probably 1/4" or 3/16" thick and this sure looks commercial to me. It sure would be helpful for a project I have.

View attachment 495406

Make you a Jig that drills maybe 10-12 holes that will set up against the back leg and then get busy with a very good drill and a drill press. It will go quicker than you think and will be Waay faster than tryin' to track down pre-drilled material. bjr

/ Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available? #12  
Why not pick it up locally - 1/4 inch x 2" x 2" angle iron and drill your own holes. Just put them where you want to- not as many as in your picture (which looks like a Fred Cain cultivator on Everything Attachments). A drill press would do fine using 3 bits and a center punch to mark the holes.

Here is a link for online steel.
Order Mild Steel A36 Angle in Small Quantities at OnlineMetals.com

I figure you are looking to make a tool bar to hold implements for your tractor. Square tubing 1/4" x 2" works well and clamp the tools, something like this: http://www.mytractorforum.com/77-cu...-looking-3-pt-hitch-garden-bedder-hiller.html

Goodluck

/ Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available? #13  
Steelfront's version is only 1/8" thick - I'd also like more info on your intended use... Steve

/ Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available?
Anyone know if angle iron like this with holes in it is available? It's probably 1/4" or 3/16" thick and this sure looks commercial to me. It sure would be helpful for a project I have.

View attachment 495406

Make you a Jig that drills maybe 10-12 holes that will set up against the back leg and then get busy with a very good drill and a drill press. It will go quicker than you think and will be Waay faster than tryin' to track down pre-drilled material. bjr

I Have drilled holes before on similar projects but just trying to avoid the work. Guess I'll wind up drilling.

Tell us more about your project, then maybe we can think of alternative ways to do it.

Bruce

I've built many light cultivator type attachents and usually can scrounge old Ferguson/Dearborn frame piece already drilled. This time around, I'm building a grass dethatcher type tool that will be around 8' wide and need 96 holes in probably 1/4" stock. That's a lot of holes and I was just hoping someone knew of something that might be newer on the market. You never know.

/ Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available? #16  
Find a steel shop with an iron worker and it would take 10 minutes to punch all the holes you wanted.

/ Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available? #17  
Most Ironworkers wouldn't punch a hole in steel if the flange is near by. Like in angle iron.

Find a steel shop with an iron worker and it would take 10 minutes to punch all the holes you wanted.

Last edited:
   / Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available? #18  
Make yourself a jig so the hole distance is uniform. Drill the first, then pin each successive hole. Easier than measuring and marking each hole.

/ Is angle iron like this with holes in it commercilly available? #20  
No, that type is punched in a jig on an iron worker. Those spring tooth cultivators/harrows/chisel plows are mounted on what they call a "Pittsburg" cultivator frame. That's the description of it since Pittsburg (company, not city) made tons of them. Most of the ones I've seen are 3/8-1/2" thick.