What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood?

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #21  
Sure I have. But I can man up and admit I screwed up, fix things and move on.

Which is exactly what OP is trying to do. He is asking what kind of adhesive to use to fix the problem.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #22  
Most plastic parts will say what type they are made of. It should say HDPE with some number. If that's what it is, sorry to say these plastic's don't take glue very well. Having said that, I'd only try some product that claims it will work on poly's, not general glues. This stuff might work.

How to Bond HDPE, UHMW or Polypropylene Sheet - YouTube

This sounds like the best way to fix the hood so far to me, the stuff looks clear and has a handy dandy applicator, and I'll have no sympathy if the OP doesn't show/tell how he fixed the tractor hood.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood?
I ordered some JB Weld Plastic Weld to try, there were good reviews for it online and it's supposed to have a 2800PSI bond strength when cured. I'm going to test that and see how it does, if it holds, I'll use that and some 3/16 pop rivets about every 6" with a washer backer.

I think.what got me was the tire on the truck, I can't actually touch the bed with the hood and the tire sticks out a little. A couple of times, I noticed it bowed on the sides from the tire, I never hit it hard, I just mushed it. I think.woth the grill guard and the rivets, I should be good for the next time because odds are I'll hit that tire again.

My insurance would've covered replacing the hood but, I figure even though it was an accident, this is the sort of thing you fix yourself.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #24  
Fiberglass resin, & Body fill

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #25  
JB weld is as good as any, should work ok might need a little NH blue if it doesn't dry clear. The 3/16 rivets with fender washers will do most of the holding together part, I think they make countersunk rivets, not sure if that would be better or not.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #26  
I would ask.... since you know plastic it not as strong as steel, why did you buy a plastic tractor, beat the heck out of it and come here to complain?

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #27  
My 35 year old Kubota runs into the rear duals on my dump truck also. Probably bad engineering design.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood?
I would ask.... since you know plastic it not as strong as steel, why did you buy a plastic tractor, beat the heck out of it and come here to complain?
I would ask where I complained? Because I said building a tractor out of plastic seemed like a bad idea? Am I wrong?

It's been a very good tractor other than the durability of the body parts. It seems most modern tractors are plastic now, I'm sure to save the manufacturer money.

My question would be why are some of you guys being such judgmental jerks? I'm not blaming anyone but me for the damage and I just wanted advice on what might be the best adhesive to fix it. I even said in the very first post I should have had a grill guard, I didn't think about adding one until I broke this. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have learned something the hard way, if you never have then good for you.

Thanks for your useful and informative suggestions. Oh wait, you didn't have any of those, just pointless criticism.

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #29  
I didn't take it as complaining... Maybe some people are overly sensitive. I like plastic and if its built right, is better than steel in many circumstances.. In fact in the case of a hood, HDPE could take much abuse and not bend, nor rust and bounce back to its proper sharp when something was dumped on it. But it needs to be properly designed and build in the 1st place.

A. I spent over 20 years working with steel. Aronson

/ What glue should I use to repair my New Holland hood? #30  
The OP is not complaining, he's simply asking for ideas on what there is for fixing a plastic hood on a tractor, so what's wrong with that.... I have some plastic on my L3400 that will someday need some attention, so I'm interested how he fixes his hood.