New GC1705 owner

/ New GC1705 owner #1  

07keo02

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC1705
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new owner of a 2017 GC1705 which was delivered this past Friday. Haven't had too much time to play with it due to historic flooding here in Missouri. I did get to move some tree stumps I had laying around to the fire pit, tractor did well.

I was considering the 1715, but with only .3hp more at 540rpm rear pto, I couldn't justify it. Had I known there was a seat difference and guards on the turn signals, I may have chosen differently.

Eventually, I would like to add a 3rd function, tach n go/grapple, and a backhoe. Definitely have to wait a bit on those plans though.

Look forward to learn here and contribute if ever possible.

/ New GC1705 owner #2  
:welcome:

/ New GC1705 owner #3  
Welcome I have a 2016 1705 I love my little but mighty tractor or time it will surprise you at what it can do

/ New GC1705 owner #4  
Congratulations on your purchase, I've seen some pictures on the news about the flooding, what a mess, hope it ends soon.

/ New GC1705 owner #5  
Congratulations. The GC1705 is a great tractor. I have a little over 150 hours on mine. I would not recommend a backhoe attachment for it it is not rated for the 3pt hitch kind, and there is no kit from MF. I read somewhere, the 3pt hitch backhoe voids the warranty.

/ New GC1705 owner
Congratulations. The GC1705 is a great tractor. I have a little over 150 hours on mine. I would not recommend a backhoe attachment for it it is not rated for the 3pt hitch kind, and there is no kit from MF. I read somewhere, the 3pt hitch backhoe voids the warranty.

Thanks, I would not be going with a 3 point. I have spoken with wallstien and woods. Wallstien currently makes a subframe kit and woods is currently in development.

/ New GC1705 owner #7  
Sounds good

/ New GC1705 owner #8  
Congrats i have a 1705 as well and have a little over a hundred hours on it. It just turned one year old this month. I have the tach n go qa for the bucket and forks. Great quality. Do you plan to mow with the unit. If so make sure you clean the screen behind the radiator as debris will accumulate and make it run hot

/ New GC1705 owner
Congrats i have a 1705 as well and have a little over a hundred hours on it. It just turned one year old this month. I have the tach n go qa for the bucket and forks. Great quality. Do you plan to mow with the unit. If so make sure you clean the screen behind the radiator as debris will accumulate and make it run hot

No mowing, have a john deere d130 for mowing only. I did already check that screen out put it hasn't picked anything up without a deck on it. Turned 7 hours today. I have a feeling I will run past hours long before the 5 year warranty.

On another note, and I hope this is okay to mention here, I talked to Jerry at mytractorparts and told him my eventual needs with the backhoe and all. He said is going to keep it in mind to make a rear remote kit when he finishes up the 3rd function setup for these tractors.

/ New GC1705 owner #10  
A new tractor is a cause for celebration and a me MF should offer lots of opportunities for its use.

It took a while for me to find the Mytractortools.com opportunity . . . So you are ahead of schedule :)

Don't hesitate to get your camera out. LOL

A number of members claim it isn't official until it's visual. lol.