Skidsteer pallet forks

/ Skidsteer pallet forks #1  

ssrider

Tractor
1963 massey 150, 1972 Dynahoe 190
I'd been looking for a set of used pallet forks for a while with no luck. So I decided to build my own. Most of the material was either 2 x 4 x 3/16 tubing or 3/16 plate. I'm happy with how they turned out. I've overloaded them on purpose and the machine will lift the back tires off the ground, very solid. Also made them fully adjustable for fork width.

Attachments

• 20170522_215122.jpg
    20170522_215122.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 532
  • 20170523_213622.jpg
    20170523_213622.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 580
   / Skidsteer pallet forks #2  
Very nice! Did you have a particular reason for going with swing versus captured forks?

/ Skidsteer pallet forks
Very nice! Did you have a particular reason for going with swing versus captured forks?

I actually don't have any reason for doing them this way. All the tele-handlers at work had the swinging forks so I never even thought about doing them fixed.

/ Skidsteer pallet forks #4  
Good for you making your own...

I've made a few sets too, it's a pretty easy fun project...

SR

/ Skidsteer pallet forks #5  
I actually don't have any reason for doing them this way. All the tele-handlers at work had the swinging forks so I never even thought about doing them fixed.
For most things it doesn't matter, but it's nice to have down pressure to get under rocks or stumps. With yours you could chain the bottom of the forks to the bracket.

/ Skidsteer pallet forks
Thanks for the feedback. Yes it was a fun project. I'll see how they work and maybe add a bottom track to hold them in the future. This skidsteer has an unusual quick attach which was part of the reason I couldn't find any used ones. On a side note, I started this project with a 110v flux cored welder. Half way through I bought a used Miller 220v stick. Man what a difference! That 110v is going on the shelf until I need to weld thin sheet metal.

20170524_183303.jpg20170524_183320.jpg

/ Skidsteer pallet forks #7  
   / Skidsteer pallet forks #8  
Cool! Nice job. I would love to have either a telehandler or a skidsteer. Kind of hard to justify it on my postage stamp property.