Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #111  
Kubota all day every day. Ive had less problems with kubota than john deere. But i have a john deere 6x4 gator which is great. The mowers not so much. But our kubota is a l3130 so not so much for mowing lawn

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #112  
OP,

I will give you my two cents. As many here have mentioned, both machines are very capable and you may get a slight discount on the Kubota machines. For me, the purchase came down largely to two ergonomic features. Firstly, I was looking at subcompact tractors and the treadle peddle on the Kubota was awkwardly placed. I stand 6'3" and this positioning meant that my knees were pressed up almost against the steering wheel. For me this was a deal killer. The seat positioning might be different for you, but I still much prefer the Deere twin touch peddle over the Kubota treadle peddle.

Secondly, I personally like a hydraulic control that is attached to the tractor and not the loader. I think that the floor mount (or better yet, fender mount) loader controls make for a more natural feeling for the loader control. In addition, it makes right-side exiting much easier. The loader stick pointing out from the loader post intrudes into right side space. Further, when I bush hog, I like to use the loader to push down the weeds ahead of me. I am constantly adjusting the loader height and position as I mow over some uneven terrain. On a loader mount control, I can not rest my hand on the control or else the loader would always be pointed up at the sky. Note though, that much of what I say about the Kubotas also applies to the Deere economy series.

Bering in the market for a new tractor myself, I find these two features--twin touch peddle and the fender mount loader controls to be a must.

Best of luck on your decision,

SI2305

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #113  
I kind of like the treadle over the Deere separate pedals...

With the treadle, I always know where I am and it could just be me but more than a few times I pushed both forward and reverse pedals on my Deere 110

The L3800 Deere seems comfortable enough for my 6'4" and I agree the Deere 110 with the creeper feature is the cat's meow for backhoe work.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #114  
I went with a JD 4010 at the time because Kubota didn't seem to have an equivalent, e.g. 18 hp that was a bit higher up (Kubota had BX with cooling fan underneath). JD dealer was also much closer.

Should have switched to Kubota when I replaced the 660, 9 year 4010 with a JD 1025R lemon. Finally went and looked at a Kubota when I replaced the 1025R with a 2025R less than 2 years later.

So far, absolutely no problems with the 2025R but only about 2 years (like the 4010 had no problems those first 2 years), unlike gobs of problems with the 1025R.

Kubota has a dealership in town now, just as close as the JD dealership. Kubotas don't seem to require replacement of the hydraulic fluid after 50 hours. Does that tell you that maybe they have a better build technique? Cars don't need this now.

Ralph

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #115  
I went with a JD 4010 at the time because Kubota didn't seem to have an equivalent, e.g. 18 hp that was a bit higher up (Kubota had BX with cooling fan underneath). JD dealer was also much closer.

Should have switched to Kubota when I replaced the 660, 9 year 4010 with a JD 1025R lemon. Finally went and looked at a Kubota when I replaced the 1025R with a 2025R less than 2 years later.

So far, absolutely no problems with the 2025R but only about 2 years (like the 4010 had no problems those first 2 years), unlike gobs of problems with the 1025R.

Kubota has a dealership in town now, just as close as the JD dealership. Kubotas don't seem to require replacement of the hydraulic fluid after 50 hours. Does that tell you that maybe they have a better build technique? Cars don't need this now.

Ralph

Ralph, did you have an inordinate number of problems with your 4010? Or just decide to upgrade on years?

Unlike the rest of the country, there aren't very many dealers up here, period. So, all the dealers give you the "take it or leave it" treatment.

Consequently, my 4 tractor purchases have all been Lower 48 buys. Kubota has been "dollar for dollar" with JD. No break there.

Basic reasons for sticking with Deere has been service - repair and warranty - and parts. In Alaska, Deere has Kubota and New Holland (only brands available) whipped, there - hands down!

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #116  
Well, my first and only tractor is a John Deere and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #117  
My grandpa had john deere and my uncle's had john deere so i was already propositioned to buy a john deere. But my aptitude made me do months of research. Differnce i found from many tractors i looked at in the 30hp range was ergonomics and overall construction. Easyier maintenance value of parts and dealer support. John deere was the best choice. I am proud to own a green machine but gave all other's a good look. I know in 10 or 20 years i can get support and parts. Good luck.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #118  
Both are excellent tractors but my slight preference is Kubota.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #119  
Duplicate

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #120  
Ralph, did you have an inordinate number of problems with your 4010? Or just decide to upgrade on years?

Unlike the rest of the country, there aren't very many dealers up here, period. So, all the dealers give you the "take it or leave it" treatment.

Consequently, my 4 tractor purchases have all been Lower 48 buys. Kubota has been "dollar for dollar" with JD. No break there.

Basic reasons for sticking with Deere has been service - repair and warranty - and parts. In Alaska, Deere has Kubota and New Holland (only brands available) whipped, there - hands down!

The U joint right off the engine shaft of the 4010 disentegrated at 660 hours and 9 years. Broke both turnbuckles on it because I'd not tightened them tight enough. Had some troubles with the turf front tires with the FEL. Otherwise, I loved the 4010. Think that U joint disentegrated because you have to rev the 4010 a bit high to keep it from stalling when engaging the bush hog. Can engage the bush hog at idle on the 2025R, and the 1025R had a very gentle (that the 2025 should have) engagement of the PTO.

Ralph