Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #121  
OP, I've tried to purchase JD over Kubota 3x and in my areas, it's always $3500-$4500 more. To rich for my blood. While I have a strong preference for orange, I agree with the others here... but what feels good to you, and makes you happy.
I considered that with orange, they make the complete tractor. I don't like plastic, and the tractor seems more stout and just better built to me. I think the green is not nearly designed as the orange, as many things look like add-ons or after-thoughts. The orange is compactly designed for the smallest footprint, and you will see that when trying to snake a simple 14ga cord from the front of the tractor to the rear on the Kubota. Parts are so effectively placed and designed to nestle together, routing a simple cord for auxiliary power has been a chore for me. The engine compartment on the green has a variety of air space, and while it may be part of the green's design, I prefer the compact design and maneuverability of the orange.
As said before, both are capable. What fits you, your needs, your pocketbook, etc. is what's important.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #122  
I had a Kubota L2900 for years and years, put 500 hours on it. Only problem was a leaking front axle seal and I had to replace hydraulic hoses on the loader, not a Kubota issue. Now that I have a cab Deere, I am super thrilled with it. I was looking at a new comparable cab Kubota but my 4720 showed up on the dealer lot and bingo. Instant love.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #123  
I'm new to tractors. How come you choose John Deere over Kubota? I'm not trying to start a war like Ford vs. Chevy, I honestly don't know very much and I'm trying to learn more. I have heard that Kubota is as good as John Deere but around 10% cheaper for the equivalent tractor, I'm not sure if that is true or not. In my area, I have Kubota and John Deere dealers and both have good reputations.

I bought a Deere (3039R) and a Friend bought a Kub (L3901), both with HST 3 spds. I've driven his for a weekend and put 80 hrs on mine. I'm pretty happy I made the choice I did.

While a lot of the difference is fit, finish sorts of things, two things jumped out at me - the Kubota has a clutch - I don't know why or what it is used for. And the clutch is on the left side so the split brakes are on the right. But so is your forward-reverse pedal. How do you apply one brake and then drive forwards, or backwards, to turn. I do that all the time with my forward-reverse under my right foot and my split brakes under my left boot.

The deck on the Deere is bigger and less cluttered. Sometimes and issue with carrying stuff.

The HST on the Kub makes a god-awful squeal.

The Kub is orange.

We are both happy, so maybe you can't go wrong either way, but I'm **** glad I have the one I do.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #124  
I own both so don't really care. I think it boils down to German VS Japanese Engineering and I would take Japanese any time. More sensible, less hair brained, more conservative thinking. Just my take on it. I think culture figures into it as well. When Deere came out with the 6000 series tractor and announced "we started with a clean sheet of paper" my immediate reaction was "how stupid"! I guess that's why they couldn't build a working manual transmission after having done that successfully for many decades!

Did I mention I'm German?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #125  
   / John Deere compared to Kubota #126  
I didn't get that connection either.

When comparing Deere to Kubota, I think they are both great choices. My Kubota was an extremely dependable tractor, zero regrets about that purchase. I just happened to find this used 4720 - fantastic tractor. And I will admit there's just a tad bit of pleasure in owning a green tractor but orange would have been fine as well.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #127  
You guys need to adopt my signature motto......

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #128  
Out 6200 was built in Manheim. In fact, shortly after we bought it, my Dad was given the royal tour of factory and treated to lunch. He told them about the transmission issue, at which time they sent someone into the yard to get a similar tractor. Funny, they could not shift the gears in that one either!

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #129  
just bought a kubota l47 tlb and i wish i had looked at a john deere. maybe it's me. one stablizer arm control lever requires way too much pulling to make the arm lower. when i first used it, this afternoon, could feel the tractor shaking as i was lowering this arm. never thought that i wasn't pulling the lever hard enough. the arm on the other side worked very easily with no strain. the l m h selection lever seems almost impossible to shift. can not believe the amount of force needed to move the lever in either direction. will be calling the dealer tomorrow. maybe minor issues but i would rather be driving the old kubota l35. never had these problems with it.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #130  
just bought a kubota l47 tlb and i wish i had looked at a john deere. maybe it's me. one stablizer arm control lever requires way too much pulling to make the arm lower. when i first used it, this afternoon, could feel the tractor shaking as i was lowering this arm. never thought that i wasn't pulling the lever hard enough. the arm on the other side worked very easily with no strain. the l m h selection lever seems almost impossible to shift. can not believe the amount of force needed to move the lever in either direction. will be calling the dealer tomorrow. maybe minor issues but i would rather be driving the old kubota l35. never had these problems with it.

Sounding to me like a familiarization period? L47s are well respected machines.